what is ARRL Keyer Touch Paddle Kit?

Discussion in 'Homebrew and Kit Projects' started by DS1SEG, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-innov
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-Waters
ad: L-rfparts
  1. DS1SEG

DS1SEG Ham Member QRZ Page

is it just a touch paddle that can be used by connecting to the keyer(needs the keyer), or it is the combination of keyer and touch paddle so that i can just connect
    directly to my rig? does anyone know?

thank you
    DS1SEG/ WH6DQG Kong
  2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

It appears to be that. It would not make much sense for ARRL to sell a kit that could not be used with a radio --
    but I have seen stranger products from various vendors through the years.

Keyer Touch Paddle Kit

Join in the fun of homebrewing (or project-building)!
    Handle electronic components, circuit boards and try your hand at soldering.
    Great for beginners or anyone who has not built something in a long time.

The Keyer Touch Paddle Kit is both a building experience and an educational activity,
    which will help you learn a little about micro-controllers and how capacitors work in a ham related accessory.

The keyer is a basic keyer (not a full featured keyer), though the user could make software changes
    as a learning experience to add features that match their imaginations.
    Unlock your inner do-it-yourselfer (DIY)!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  3. G4FUT

G4FUT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I like that...:)
  4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is the keyer that was supplied to builders at the 2010 ARRLKit building booth in Dayton. THey also had a nice little digital clock. Guess they had some left over which is how you got one. They were not available at the 2011 booth. They run on a PIC microprocessor, and work very well for a simple circuit. Very nice little kit, hope they bring it back for 2012. It did have an output to use it as a regular keyer with a radio
  5. N2HHH

N2HHH Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all:
    I won an ARRL coupon at a local hamfest, so I decided to give the keyer a try.
    It went together nicely and can be used as a practice iambic keyer/paddle combo.
    Or it can be connected to a rig.
    It has a paddle mode for rigs with a built in keyer.
    and It has a keyer mode for rigs that do not have a built in keyer.
    and it has a speed ajustment that is set with two buttons on the front of the kit.
    It has a built in speaker that can be turned on or off.
    It does not have any memorys but over all its not bad.
    I have not built any of the other touch keyers on the market so I cant make any comparisons to other products.
    All the best
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.