What are you using now

Discussion in 'Computers, Hardware, and Operating Systems' started by JIMRUBEL, Nov 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

MCSE--Minesweeper Consultant Solitaire Expert.

:D

AC0GT likes this.
  2. N0NC

N0NC Ham Member QRZ Page

I stayed with Windows 7 till the old computer crashed and burned, now using Widows 10,(bit only for ham radio programs.) For every thing else I use Devuan Linux (used to be Debian until Lennert and his crowd corrupted it.).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  3. THISHARA4210

THISHARA4210 QRZ Member

I am using now GBWhatsapp For Android App here and I think this is one of the best app.

4. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

Discussion about that sort of thing here that specifically mentions Texas.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cscareerquestions/comments/68g38s/software_engineer_title_legality/

Also this: https://www.chron.com/news/article/Law-to-decide-if-programmers-are-engineers-2121943.php
    "Texas is becoming a laughingstock of the global high-technology community," said Steve Taylor, director of corporate affairs for Applied Materials.

It sounds like there has been a law change after that article in 2003.

"Engineer" is such a vague term. I can understand restrictions on prefixing that with "Certified" or "Licensed" or whatever the local jurisdiction uses to basically say "we think this guy is safe to do dangerous things" but a restriction on simply calling yourself an "engineer" seems a bit dictatorial.

That said, my employer calls me a "software engineer" but I've never been comfortable with that title. Some of that is personally historical. I started doing an engineering degree but for various reasons switched to science after the first year but then got into software as a job. Almost 40 years later I'm finally an "engineer" which is something I don't really feel entitled to call myself :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    AC0GT likes this.
  5. F8BDX

F8BDX Ham Member QRZ Page

Dual Boot Linux Mint 19, Windows XP Pro

6. HARMANKARDON

HARMANKARDON QRZ Member

I use Windows 10 free WPS Office
    Once I used a Linux distributor (Linux Mint and Debian)

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

It is about time someone came to the rescue. :rolleyes:

WR2E likes this.
  8. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Any body else here for "MS-DOS 3.3 ???" It still works on my Poqet.:p:rolleyes:

AG6QR likes this.
  9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Win 10 on Upstairs laptop, portable laptop, and Office Computer. Win 7 on Bedside. Radio station laptop is Win 8, Win 10 on another station Computer that I can't use, cuz the KW amp shuts it off all the time. My grandbaby has a WIN VISTA in the hallway to play stupid games on. The Mother of Cats doesn't do computers, but she has a Cellphone

10. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

I Didn't think VISTA was even a viable OS for even stupid games?:confused::rolleyes: