ad: M2Ant-1

What are you proud of?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK6FLAB, Dec 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W6MQI

W6MQI Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Jim I think someone here has a hair stuck in their kazoo they don't seem to like you why 's that?

2. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

DAVEY M'BOY!!!

Damn! I thought a jealous husband shot u years ago!!! :) NAH!!! I NEVER PAY ANY ATTENTION to IMMATURE INDIVIDUALS LIKE HIM!!! I wish you and your very beautiful XYL a "VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!! SK/CL!!!

Jim-nn6ee

3. K9CTB

K9CTB Ham Member QRZ Page

I get really proud whenever I see a youngster become interested in amateur radio these days ... I am proud of the hobby as a whole whenever I work a DX station (which is not all that often anymore) in a part of the world where I have the preconceived notion they may not like Americans, and I see or hear the greeting "dear OM" - That gives me hope that amateurs worldwide are still considered goodwill ambassadors. I worded that incorrectly (natural for me) but I hope that makes sense. :)

73 de K9CTB

W7SJP likes this.
  4. K1SZO

K1SZO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My first real shack setup with proper grounding. (just bought the house last May)

• Regrounded my home's electrical ground to code. (two grounding rods properly wired vs the 1971 grounding)
    • A lightning ground right outside my shack, connected with a bus to the properly electrical grounding system
    • 2m/70cm antenna on the roof with proper grounding directly to the grounding rod outside the shack.
    • Upgraded electrical panel up from the 1971 install that was way overloaded with double-taps and twins. Now capable of 200amps, and 80 circuits. (40 twins) It also has whole house surge suppressor installed into the panel itself.
    • New 240v circuit pulled to my shack for my new amplifier (Palstar LA-1K /w Palstar HF-AUTO tuner) It also has an in-line surge suppressor shown in picture below.
    • RF grounding bus in the shack with power pole power distribution.
    • Lightning arrestors installed for UHF / VHF and one for HF.
    • (8) port antenna switch that feeds the input through the above lightning arrestor.
    • (9) total antennas supported, currently only one 500w SSB all band HF dipole (160m-6m Chameleon TD-CHA-Lite) has been installed. (more to come)
    This was my first real shack build-out. I'm very happy with it.

[​IMG]

The RF bus bar is a small electrical bus. I'm thinking about replacing it with a wide copper bus bar with copper wingnuts.

[​IMG]

At this point, the first HF antenna wasn't installed yet. Only the 2m/70cm antenna pictured above. The black box on the side is the (8) port antenna switch. This is inside my garage which is also part of my basement.

[​IMG]

5. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham related:

Working 300 DXCC entities on 160 with no more than 1200W. A nice elevated radial vertical and several Beverages helped that 30 year effort. I'm one Zone shy of a 160 WAZ

9BDXCC 160-10, with no more than 5W and a good part of it with 1930's era equipment, the antennas and a nice location were the key.

All on CW of course.

Non ham related:

Too much to list; Ive had a long and enjoyable life including raising a family of 3 boys Im proud of and serving my country in the USN/USNR.

Carl
    Ham since 1955
    Extra Class since 1968

6. KK4NAW

KK4NAW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A Novice ticket in 1972 lead me to a career working for NASA where I was proud to be a (small) part of the teams that launched Cassini, Galileo, rovers to Mars, Pluto New Horizons as well as a host of earth observing satellites. Some of the things I learned over the years in ham radio helped me solve a few of the unique ground processing issues that arose from time to time. Now I use some of these experiences when talking to younger students to help them see that ham radio can have practical applications as well as being great fun!

7. W6MQI

Jimbo,
    Nah can't catch me beside I've been known to shoot back, did you hear Lenard is a silent key.

8. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OBVIOUSLY NOT!!! When did it happen? And does anybody know the CAUSE???

9. W6MQI

PM me Jim I don't seem to have your email anymore.

10. W4KVW

W4KVW Ham Member QRZ Page

“God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” For sure we shall all be Humble when we stand before HIM if we can stand at all. :D

Clayton
    W4KVW

11. PD0JBV

PD0JBV Guest

fullsizeoutput_1161.jpeg The moment my grandson was born and i realized Ham Radio is just a hobby.

W7SJP likes this.
  12. W7SJP

W7SJP Ham Member QRZ Page

First of all, I am proud of ALL of you guys for being Hams and doing what you do to help others, and a *little bit* proud of myself for building my first beam power QRP rig that actually works!

73s all round,
    Steve

PD0JBV likes this.