WHAT??? ANOTHER SB-220????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by WA6MHZ, Jul 31, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Try harder. :p

2. K5RT

K5RT Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't what it is these days, but people don't want to spend the time reading a manual (for anything). If it's not simple "plug and play", they are totally lost. Rather than first assume THEY did something wrong, or overlooked something, it's immediately someone else's fault.

W9GB, W1QJ and N2EY like this.
  3. KD2ACO

KD2ACO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I call this, "Plug and Pray!"
    This is a job for balancing it with the book and giving the case gentle nudges with a mallet. Apply corner to corner flexing. You'll break the gook that's making it stick.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    N2EY likes this.
  4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

The program on the SB-226 and this amplifier was a Smashing Success at the San Diego DX CLub!!! I received many postitive comments afterward. Very entertaining show!! Some even like the cat videos!
    Your next chance to see it will be OCT 7th at the SAN DIEGO HAMFEST.
    http://www.lakesidearc.org/sdhamfest/Speakers17.php
    If your radio club or hamfest would like this show, I will be pleased to present it. Just get me there and back. I'm not driving all the way to the EAST COAST to put it on, but around SoCal is feasible. Others might consider flying me in and back.

5. WA7PRC

Better yet, record it and post the file where EVERYONE can view it. Lots of hams post stuff on YouTube.

6. W1QJ

W1QJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Pat, don't forget your footnote credits!!

7. K2XT

K2XT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The thing these days Pat is a private corporate jet. Don't settle for commercial airlines.

8. WA7PRC

Physically flying the presentation to a handful of venues benefits only a few who can congregate at that venue at that time.

OTOH, posting it online lets a yuuuge number of people view it at their leisure. Perhaps the YouTube user "Amateur Radio Club of El Cajon" (link) will post it. A certain familiar ham appears in their videos... ;)

9. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

I was wondering what happened to Pat... He USED to be a PROLIFIC POSTER!!!!!!! DRAMA and DEATH ate EVERY TURN!!!!!

Not sure I used enough caps or exclamation marks for a Pat related post.