ad: Alphaant-1

Wham! Bam! Thank You Sun | Space Weather News 05.02.2019

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, May 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB7TBT

KB7TBT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wham! Bam! Thank You Sun | Space Weather News 05.02.2019

M0NKL, K4AGO, VE6DAC and 9 others like this.
  2. KA8VNG

KA8VNG Ham Member QRZ Page

NOT AGAIN !!!

3. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

For those that are sick of having to watch videos:

1. Fast wind from coronal hole entering the earth's zone, and we're seeing its effects already, bumping us up into active conditions and possibly causing aurora. Up to about 40% chance of a major storm up North. Mid-lattitudes only a 10% chance.

2. Two solar storms launched on the sun's backside, and they may end up being solar storm producers as they turn around to our side in the next few days. Spotless sun facing us now. That will change in a few days, and the solar flux will raise into low to mid 70s by next week, and possibly over the next 2 weeks. Might be noisy though, because of small flares and solar storms. GPS users should be OK. Cosmic ray flux more intense for fliers, and you are in the marginal range for radiation.

3. Passing to the new-moon phase, meteor showers peaking between May 4 and 6th, so we could see up to 20 meteors in an hour.

TI2ALZ, KR3DX, KG9AP and 12 others like this.
  4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice. Thank You.

That was a lot better for my Dialup connection.

KR3DX, KN4PHS, KE0EYJ and 1 other person like this.
  5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I saw her on Ham Nation this week, they had a great 400th show.

W1LWT likes this.
  6. KE0EYJ

I live in Korea, so I've got about 80MBPS download and 104 upload for FREE every month, from my phone company -- but I do have limits in my LTE, so I can sympathize with people who aren't so fortunate. Too many videos these days, and less information is typed, when it just as easily could be.

Drives me batty when I have to watch a 5 minute video to get 30 seconds of information. Not picking on this lady, who does an excellent job -- just a general problem across the internet.

KF4ZKU, KR3DX, K9FV and 8 others like this.
  7. W4HM

W4HM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KE0EYJ likes this.
  8. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Wham! Bam!
    Tamitha's NOT boring!
    Great job.

K5VZD and K0UO like this.
  9. KA1BSZ

KA1BSZ Ham Member QRZ Page

ya.....know it would really be a whole lot helpful if these propagation forecasts were in plain, simple English. Not like a car salesman trying to confuse you in thinking you need something when you don't. Just plain and simple information. sorta like for an example : " 20 meters will be great, world wide conditions, best time to work Europe,Africa,Asia is.... and in the northeast, you should find 20 meters great.....times, " not a bunch of numbers and a video that lasts 20 minutes or a site that has a forecast that only someone with a PHD would understand. Some of us hams STILL have to work and have jobs and really don't have the time to sit in from of our computers for 3 hours, we have jobs.....just something plain and simple....." your screwed Joe ham, bands suck today, head for the golf course ".

ZL2XC, KF4ZKU, KR3DX and 2 others like this.
  10. K2AYE

K2AYE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for all the great news and keeping us posted. Anticipating a long summer.

K5VZD and KA1BSZ like this.
  11. KA1BSZ

your welcome.

12. KA1BSZ

OMG! 20 METERS was open this evening. Worked cu2pid,ve2,hi and a dm all from my mobile. there were no cw,hardly any ssb signals. Then an hour later when 20 shut down, 40 meters was hopping. Worked a HI,VP4 and PY4 on psk 31 from my mobile. I work more psk stations than any other mode ( sad, but true ) I really used to enjoy listening to that private station that operated on 6.750 USB and was broadcasting these old time radio shows like JACK BENNY,BOB HOPE, it was real entertainment,only problem was, it got too cold to sit out side in the mobile nights when it was -10f now that station is off the air. Some of these private stations broadcast some interesting content. ( 6.800 khz-6.600 khz )

13. KE0EYJ

I worked into NY from Korea (HL1ZIX) last night. Fun!

NL7W likes this.
  14. KE0GB

KE0GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Derek: Call me tomorrow, 010-7542-9573.

73 - Rick, KE0GB

15. KE0EYJ

Hi,

I got your nice e-mail. I'll call or write, tomorrow. :)