Westflex 103, does it use the same PL259's as RG-8/U and RG-213 cable?

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by 2E0ILY, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2E0ILY

2E0ILY Guest

I have a drum of Westflex 213 coming. Can I use the same screw on PL259 plugs as I would use on RG-8/U or RG-213? If I wanted to invest in crimp on tooling what sort of costs am I looking at, and is there any real advantage in crimp on termination for outdoors usage? Thanks.

2. KB3UWC

KB3UWC Subscriber

3. M0GVZ

M0GVZ XML Subscriber

No as it is larger. I used compression fit ones. They cost £4 each in the UK but are well worth it, especiallu for outdoor use as part of the compression fit one is a 1/4" rubber grommet that compresses and stops water getting past. No point buying decent co-ax and scrimping on the plugs.

4. 2E0ILY

2E0ILY Guest

OK, thanks very much for the info and the link. I have now found the maker's own web site, and that it's actually made here in the UK, which I wasn't aware of, so I am able to buy direct from W H Westlake and not incur much carriage costs. I'll be sure to get the compression seal type of fittings, as you say, no point in decent cable terminated in junk plugs! Thanks again.

5. M0GVZ

M0GVZ XML Subscriber

It is possible to force Westlex into a standard PL259 by filing down the core and forcing it in but not really the idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.