ad: Sussex-1

West Point Scout Camporee Station W2P coming soon

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB2FMH, Apr 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KC2ICA

KC2ICA Ham Member QRZ Page

This morning [27 April] propagation was pretty awful on 40, 30, 20 for cw. I think the farthest I worked was a SOTA activation in KY, so you did not miss much cw-wise. Thanks for your works with Scouts and radio
    Dave KC2ICA

2. N2YIO

N2YIO Ham Member QRZ Page

I was very Disappointed that I didn't hear anyone on the air from the Camporee I have been a Scouter here in NJ for over 50 years

3. N2YIO

N2YIO Ham Member QRZ Page

I am very sorry that you had so much trouble and hope to hear you again Next Year
    I hope that none of the Campers or staff for the Camporee were Hurt

KD2OUQ likes this.
  4. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Glenn, we are disappointed also and will hopefully have more solid accomodations next year.

We came very close to being crushed by the tent support poles and were lucky to escape unscathed. there were an unusual amount of cadets in medic jackets, with the big red cross on them, heading towards the two areas where the scouts were camped out but we didn't hear any chater about injuries and they weren't running so let's believe that it was just to tend to minor trauma among them. I'm sure it was scary for the kids to be in tents that were being pulled by the strong winds as the ground became more slippery with mud.

Hope to catch you at the 58th Camporee! perhaps you can come by and be part of the team...

5. K9BMH

K9BMH Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to trying to work your event next year. I am a scouter with two boys in the program. I used to be a Bobwhite, too. :) Should you ever want to part with one of those official BSA keys I would love to have one in my collection and to work with boys on. We did a radio merit badge class last fall and the troop got 3 to take and pass the exam!

6. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

I might have a chance of making a contact if you had a CW station, but Ill see what phone will do. Good luck and stay safe. De N7KO 73,

7. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

A little late Ken, but we did make some contacts along the west coast, even up to Washington.

We'll be at it again next year, Thanks.

8. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

My bad, ya a little late, being retired I forget what month it is ha ha. Good to here about the contacts, I will try to remember next year, if all goes well I will have my home brew hexbeam up, and maybe you will have a CW station set up. 73,