ad: elecraft

Weller Trade-Up Program Announced

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W9GB, Jul 28, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W9GB

W9GB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

2. 2E0TZX

2E0TZX Ham Member QRZ Page

Argg USA only!

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Bet the new models are PRICEY!
    I use 2 wellers at home and 2 wellers here at work. $150 trade in probably won't do much towards the new units!

4. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I may have to check that out. Most of my stuff is Unger (which I believe was bought out by Weller) and Hakko. Although, I recently bought what is probably a lifetime supply of elements and tips for my Unger stations from NOS on eBay. And, I prefer my Unger and Hakko stations to the few Wellers I have -- except for several old Weller dual-temperature guns which are good for big soldering jobs.

5. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I miss my Ungars.

6. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I too always really liked the Ungar systems for both rework and production. They were really great for holding a particular temperature. They were especially good when the industry transitioned from lead-based 60/40 solder to no-lead solder. They were great for small-run/prototype hand-soldered production and for rework.

About 3-4 months ago that I found a guy on eBay who had lots of New-Old-Stock Ungar parts, like handles, elements, tips, etc. They were very reasonably priced. I bought several new handles, quite a few different elements, lots of tips, and other small pieces for everything from doing 0201 SMT to PCB ground plane work.