We lost a co-sponsor on ARPA

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Dec 22, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

AFAIK (and I've sure looked) nobody has ever taken a survey of homeowners to see what percentage of them would find even a large tower with beams to be objectionable or obtrusive.

Lacking that data, it's all meaningless.

For all we know, 99% of all homeowners couldn't care less. Or maybe 99% actually would care. We have no way of knowing this without actual data.

KD8EDC and KC8VWM like this.
  2. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

That is only partially true. I don't respect the opinion of a very small number of people.
    When the people here state/show widespread transmitter bans, I take them at their word.

3. WB2WIK

I downloaded the HOA restrictions for one typical residential HOA, happens to be in Florida.
    This is overstepping Federal authority and might be considered as "banning radio transmitters," since at any time any kind of transmitter could interfere with such devices.

But wait, there's more!

It also lists this:
    That clause is in direct violation of Florida statute 163.04(2) which reads:

(2) A deed restriction, covenant, declaration, or similar binding agreement may not prohibit or have the effect of prohibiting solar collectors, clotheslines, or other energy devices based on renewable resources from being installed on buildings erected on the lots or parcels covered by the deed restriction, covenant, declaration, or binding agreement. A property owner may not be denied permission to install solar collectors or other energy devices by any entity granted the power or right in any deed restriction, covenant, declaration, or similar binding agreement to approve, forbid, control, or direct alteration of property with respect to residential dwellings and within the boundaries of a condominium unit.

...and thus, while contained in the Covenants for that subdivision, it cannot be enforced.

But wait, there's more!

Contrary to what some have posted in these forums before (about all HOA regulations being voted by the residents in open meetings having schedules open to public view), this particular HOA also states this:

So much for transparency and requiring HOA "membership" approval of changes and revisions. There isn't any; they can pretty much do whatever they wish, including adopting new regulations nobody voted on other than the Board of Directors.

All that is from the Declaration of Covenants for Summerfield/Riverwalk Village of Lakewood Ranch, Florida.

KC8VWM likes this.
  4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

So if I may ask how you differentiate, without challenge, what some people say but be so dismissive of others? Doesn't sound 'reasonable' or an very 'accommodating.:cool:

WA7PRC likes this.
  5. K1VSK

At it again I see. Given your demonstrated fascination with my neighborhood, I'll try, likely in futility, to educate you.

I see the fog in Kalifornia is still pretty thick. What you conveniently omit is this:
    "SVRA policies and restrictions are intended to be in compliance with Florida statutes and Manatee country codes which take priority over SVRA restrictions".
    There are also clearly written exemptions which allow clothes lines, solar panels, etc... not that this neighborhood is comprised of lots of people prone to hanging their laundry or creating a nuisance in other respects to our neighbors. Don't know if that same consideration applies to you... Solar panels abound here principally to augment pool heaters as we like a cozy 85 degrees.

See above if/when your fog clears.

Tsk, tsk... Caught again!
    You neglected this salient omission:
    "The Modification Committee (which is solely responsible for making any changes, additions or modifications "meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month... and is comprised of at least one member from every neighborhood". You also ignore the fact the BOD included one voting member from each neighborhood tasked with communicating and dissemination of information for review by the residents after each regularly scheduled monthly meeting (except August).

All of which can be found in the Declaration of Covenants for Summerfield/Riverwalk Village of Lakewood Ranch, Florida.

Your fascination with my neighborhood is flattering but I really wish you would read more thoroughly in the future as it will save me time..

WA7PRC likes this.
  6. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why should I answer your question when you have already said "Doesn't sound 'reasonable' or an very 'accommodating."?

7. WB2WIK

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the BOD can change rules and regulations any time they wish. That is very clearly stated and not superseded in any way by the Modification Committee statement; it's very clear this can be done without alerting the membership or having them review anything.

The Modification Committee is only responsible for reviewing modifications requested by homeowner residents; it is not involved with arbitrary changes to rules and regulations made by the BOD.

PERIOD.

I read very well, especially this stuff.

8. K1VSK

Because you can't?

WA7PRC likes this.
  9. WB2WIK

GGL, don't worry about it.

K1VSK has exactly one 'spot' on the RBN, which is from October and spotted him on 21.003, an interesting frequency for someone with a General class license.

This is not your typical ham, but may be a rule breaker.

If you look at 'the rest of us' who are active today, RBN spots abound and I think most of them are on frequencies within our license privileges.

10. K1VSK

Like you thought about no fences being allowed?

Some might think it is self-delusion thinking you know more about my community than me. Some might say "the overwhelming majority" or "most" would think that. Some lofty pedestal!

I'll leave you to more attempts at obfuscation and the deafening silence of substantive (and factual) responses regarding any quantitative data. Maybe some might realize that now.

WA7PRC likes this.