We lost a co-sponsor on ARPA

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Dec 22, 2015.

ad: Subscribe
  1. N1FM

N1FM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank goodness the League is completely free of pecuniary interest.
    It's not like they hope to gain paying members by promoting and influencing this legislation.
    They're just trying to promote the safety and welfare of the American public!

K4JDH, K1VSK, KV3D and 1 other person like this.
  2. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He's a politician. Offer a larger bribe.

KD8EDC and KA0HCP like this.
  3. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Subscriber QRZ Page

Cost averaging on investments and stocks are a tool, but fools who bought in and "forgot" to dump it on high and take profits on gold and silver. Bought Gold at or Below 500 and knew it would peak and drop at some point, same with Silver, most commodities are "PUMP AND DUMP", same with Real Estate, it goes up and down, most folks don't realize that the family homestead is not designed to be an investment.

4. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Isn't watching TV a "hobby" as well? You can keep adequately (if not better) informed by listening to news on a transistor radio; you don't NEED a big screen, satellite dish or rooftop antenna. Why should my "hobby" of operating amateur radio be subordinate to your "hobby" of watching sports and other drivel on TV, just because there are more of you than there are of me? I thought everyone in USAmerica was guaranteed "equal protection" under the law.

That reminds me of propaganda broadcast by Radio Moscow about the good life in the former Soviet Union, when they touted the wonders of Soviet amateur radio and the fact that while few individual hams had their own station at home, they could all enjoy the collective pursuit of amateur radio by operating the local club station.
    Other that in most cases they are in place by DEFAULT whether you want them or not when you purchase the property, not by your pro-active choice.

KD8EDC likes this.
  5. K3LI

K3LI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just put the dang antenna up. If the HOA challenges you, remind them that the FCC has issued you a valid AMATEUR RADIO STATION License. There is an law passed mainly dealing with appropriations but also has a small clause in it that will
    keep your HOA off your back. I used it against my HOA. The key is your ticket is a station license, making your ham shack a legally operating radio station. The law is there, find it and use it if you desire.

KA0HCP likes this.
  6. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

This issue has been beaten to death here and no one is going to change their minds I don't believe. So what we know factually is that OTARD did not cause any problems at all. Satellite dishes went up everywhere and even some OTA TV Antennas. The sky did not fall and home prices didn't tank because of OTARD. There are a WHOLE Lot less hams out there so the impact will be much less than OTARD and "reasonable" accommodations defined by PRB-1 and incorporated into many state's laws works just fine. There is no logical reason not to support this bill. It's impact will be negligible at worst.

K0MTN and KA0HCP like this.
  7. KU0O

KU0O Ham Member QRZ Page

I have heard of this elusive unicorn but have yet to see it in the wild.

N5PZJ likes this.
  8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've only heard about it also.

9. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you.

10. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Huh? Where is all this money I was supposed to recieve for the doubling of ham licensee's since I got my Novice ticket.

You are cynically making this stuff up out of whole cloth. If the ARRL staff is corrupt, then you must be too! It makes equal sense! :)

N5PZJ likes this.