ad: portazero-1

We lost a co-sponsor on ARPA

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Dec 22, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly. One principled - cough- cough - senator can hold up a bill, unless his fellows vote to release it which doesn't happen very often.

2. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

They didn't report S.1685 until a couple of days later, either. Also the WX is cold and snowy back there, so the electrons are sluggish.
    What I hope to do sometime this year is visit two or three local pretty large and well established CIDs -- they're very nice -- with a cameraman and sound man (small "film crew") to capture willing respondants on video/audio, making a short documentary reflecting how people came to be living there and how they'd feel about making some changes to relax restrictions.

Based on brief conversations, I suspect "most" would be very willing to see changes made to relax a lot of restrictions, and some will have already tried that via the process already allowed by the By-Laws and been rejected or declined for various reasons. I'd like to hear mostly from them, and maybe what the reasons were.

This is the kind of thing where Michael Moore would do a wonderful job. I'm not him and don't have his budget or resources, but this would be a fun thing to do.:)

The place I've already visited was Crystal Ridge, a CID in Porter Ranch section of Northridge, since we have friends who live there and were visiting anyway.

cbk_012.jpg

KU0O likes this.
  3. KU0O

KU0O Ham Member QRZ Page

The electrons have flowed through and the bill is marked up and reported to the full committee.

4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep, see that now.
    02/11/2016 Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee by Voice Vote .
    Type of Action: Committee Consideration
    Action By: House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Communications and Technology

Any guess as to when the Energy and Commerce session will be?

5. KU0O

KU0O Ham Member QRZ Page

It will spontaneously just appear two or three days before it happens on the calendar. Now we just wait. I suspect the senate will act soon after it passes the full house committee.

6. W9JEF

W9JEF Ham Member QRZ Page

02/11/2016 Forwarded by Subcommittee to Full Committee by Voice Vote .
    Type of Action: Committee Consideration
    Action By: House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Communications and Technology

Might it be helpful to merge this thread with:
    https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?th...ty-act-going-to-markup-on-2-11.511088/page-26
    Just a suggestion--lots of relevant points in both threads.
    :)