We lost a co-sponsor on ARPA

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Dec 22, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Some folks also repeatedly claim "the majority like it the way it is and don't want it changed" with zero data to support such a contention.

It's all background noise at that point.

2. WB2KSP

WB2KSP Ham Member QRZ Page

3. WB2WIK

H.R. 1301 made it through the subcommittee as favorably reported.

4. WB2KSP

WB2KSP Ham Member QRZ Page

WA7PRC likes this.
  5. WB2WIK

I don't know what its chances for passing both houses is, but suspect it's getting better. If it does pass both and lands on the President's desk, at that point I'd think it will become law.

The next big steps are floor votes, and they're not scheduled yet.

6. KU0O

KU0O Ham Member QRZ Page

It still needs to go to the full committee for a vote.

7. WB2WIK

Slaaaaam dunk based on what's already occurred.

I'm not worried about that, but am worried a bit about the full floor vote.

I have no dog in this hunt, but have done everything I can think of to promote it, as one day maybe I will have a dog in this hunt. Hard to predict the future and my Magic 8-ball has been wrong before.

One thing I did two weeks ago on a weekend was canvass a very large HOA locally in Northridge, only asking for one minute of their time to tell me if they bought into the HOA because that's what they wanted, or if they bought in because that's what was available and what they could afford when they were looking.

NOBODY out of 78 residents canvassed stated it was what they were looking for; everybody said it was a good deal at the time.

I'll do this again sometime soon and try to get names assigned to all the respondants, and ask permission to use them. Most were so nice, I think they'd probably let me.

8. KU0O

KU0O Ham Member QRZ Page

I noticed that none of the congress sites has this bill as being reported yet. Time is of the essence now. Hopefully the full committee moves on this bill soon. If it gets a floor vote I think it will pass both chambers.

I'm pretty sure the HOA "feature" is not at the top of a list of most peoples "wants" when it comes to home shopping. I think someone needs to do a Kickstarter project to do a nationwide survey on HOA happiness.

9. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe that in some markets, the attraction for having an HOA is that the entity operates a neighborhood swimming pool, reducing the perceived need for individual families to put in their own.

I could also believe that most HOA dwellers are ambivalent towards their associations, and that perhaps most associations are rather reasonable (ignoring the plight of hams who had the misfortune to decide to live there).

It's the probable exceptions to the rule, and the risk that a reasonable HOA could turn nutty, that give me indigestion thinking about.

N0TZU likes this.
  10. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

The trouble is going to be in the Senate, not in the House....

N0TZU likes this.