We lost a co-sponsor on ARPA

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KU0O, Dec 22, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The Constitution does mention 'contracts,' and more than once.

Problem is, I don't see joining an HOA as a contract any more than a person being born in the U.S. having a citizenship contract. Naturalized citizens actually do sign a contract that states they have chosen to be a citizen; they are 'sworn in' and agree to uphold the Constitution and American laws. Native born citizens don't sign anything, nor are they sworn in. It's a preclusion, just as HOA membership is when you buy property in one. No contract involved.

2. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

The main problem here is the CAI is trying to usurper, seize by force and otherwise override the Constitution and people's natural rights as citizens.

Yup, you can take that statement I made above to the bank because it's good. :)

It's no secret they are imposing most of these restrictions for the purpose of "people control" and not for the purpose of maintaining their respective physical property developments like they should be doing in the first place.

They are simply overreaching their authority and everyone and their brother knows this to be absolutely the truth too. !!!

I have no respect for any such restrictions especially if they attempt to override people's inalienable rights as citizens.

Historically speaking, It is well established that HOA's have discriminated against people like minorities, disabled people and even veterans.

They have also demonstrated corrupt business practices by attempting to force homeowners to purchase preferred cable provider and other utility services in exchange for a kickback. (Illegal and unethical business practices huh?)

HOA presidents, treasury people and board members have stolen money from homeowners all over the place and that's just the beginning of the ongoing controversy and stuff on the immediate surface involving HOA's...

So let's see.... somehow I am supposed to give a flying crap about their questionable contracts for some apparent reason in light of all this?

Perhaps if they had "clean hands" in the first place then they might have some validity and standing, otherwise they are just another corrupt business entity that doesn't have any credibility at all and they are to be ignored.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    N2EY, WB2KSP and N5PZJ like this.
  3. WB2WIK

I don't blame C.A.I. for much other than lying about ARPA. They're a business, and actually don't represent that many HOAs.

I really blame municipalities, and in some cases entire counties or states, for insisting new residential developments have covenants filed even prior to construction; HOAs are simply enforcing those, and often adding more restrictions of their own, simply because they can and none of that has anything to do with a membership vote in a lot of cases. I've provided dozens of examples that are so famous they were in the news media so that's how I found them. I suspect literally millions of examples actually exist and many weren't newsworthy enough for the media to latch on to.

I'm all for ARPA at the federal level, but if it doesn't pass by the end of this year it will have to be introduced again to the 115th Congress; on the other hand, maybe the states should take responsibility similar to the bill in Missouri currently.

4. WB2KSP

WB2KSP Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it's local governments selling of their responsibilities to keep streets clear of snow and pick up garbage etc. They fool the public into thinking that they are keeping taxes low while allowing private entities the poewr to take care of their responsibilities. With all of that with some towns privatizing fire departments and other services, outside of the police, I wonder what local governments do for their residents.

5. WB2WIK

This is one of the major benefits of living in a large city, as I do.

The city services are expansive and deep, and well organized. There's no snow to clear, but there are other things that happen including windstorms, occasional heavy rains and so forth and the city owns up to their responsibilities including removing fallen trees, trimming trees that grow high enough to reach power lines, maintaining the streets, sidewalks, curbs, sewer system, storm sewer system, power lines and pretty much everything else. Our local electric-water company is public and operated by the city and so is the sewer system and waste collection-removal-recycling system; those services are all on one bill, and if you're in an HOA you pay the same bill to the same service. They're very responsive.

Also, if you're not in an HOA, amateur towers are permitted in all residential areas, no variance or conditional use permit is required. Actually, no permit of any kind is required for a tower up to 45' above ground; a permit from Building and Safety is required above that, but the permit is cheap and quite obstacle free. We can also have horses almost anywhere, and 1/2 acre is considered 'horse property.' The city maintains horse trails.

Also the city maintains hundreds of parks, recreation centers, pools, tennis courts, soccer fields, etc. We have the largest City Park in the country. I like it.

6. WB2KSP

Here in NY we have the same services, plus we have snow removal and don't have to deal with private associations in single, stand alone homes. I am able to install any type of antenna I see fit on my own property as long as it doesn't violate zoning laws. I don't have to hire a community landscaper. I am free to either do my own landscape work or hire whoever I choose. I realize that limitations have to be placed on communities with structures that share walls or roofs. For me, It's all about neighborhoods with individual homes where the owner is not allowed to make decisions about their own property. If, for instance an owner wants to plant ivy beds in front of their house, they may not be able to if a community board tells them they can't. This loss of individual freedom is unacceptable to me and also against what I've always thought America was all about. it's difficult for me to understand how people would give up this freedom of choice without a fight.

N2EY likes this.
  7. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Scroll back to post #1313 for an explanation of what HOAs, CC&Rs, and similar things are really all about.

8. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Now you've done it. You will be hearing soon from those who KNOW that none of that is possible without an HOA.

N5PZJ, KU0O and N2EY like this.
  9. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

But, it is possible, and is happening all over the USA, today.

This morning the Radnor Township truck came down my street putting down salt BEFORE the snow started. No HOA needed. But, hey, neighborhoods need to be protected from folks like me!

10. WB2KSP