ad: Schulman-1

Wave Talkers releases major site update: Practice Tests and more

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W6AH, Oct 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W6AH

W6AH Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    I just pushed the first major update to the Wave Talkers: Ham Radio Exam Prep site at http://wavetalkers.com

Major New Features Include: Practice Exams, Quick Index, Refined Navigation, Enhancements for Mobile Phones, Bug Fixes, Code Refactoring, and much more.

Wave Talkers is free to use. It's a mobile friendly, cleanly designed, Amateur Radio Exam Prep site that contains the complete current question pools for all 3 exams: Technician, General, and Amateur Extra. Get instant feedback on every question as you study, Quickly Review all questions for a topic, and take practice exams to check when you're ready to take your official exam.

Use the site as part of your own self study or with any ham radio exam prep class. The site is a great companion for both the ARRL and Gordon West study books. Wave Talkers has been designed to look and work great on Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac.

Please help me get the word out by sharing the site out to your social media channels, fellow hams, and anyone interested in getting licensed.

This whole site has been designed and built by a ham, me; who just went through the process of getting licensed and upgrading to Extra this year following the Thomas Fire in my home town of Ventura, CA. You can read more about my journey into amateur radio on my blog.

I've had a ton of fun getting on the air and involved with the hobby on multiple levels. I regularly operate on VHF, UHF, HF and recently started operating on the AREDN mesh in Southern California. I want to help others get on the air and upgrade as well. I'm currently working with several other hams and Elmers on creating a complete set of online training courses for each exam and much more. Several other hams across the country have also joined in to help with the Wave Talkers Platform, if you'd like to help or get involved, send me a private message.

Please check out Wave Talkers, and let me know what you think in the comments.
    73!
    W6AH
    Chris

2. KB0RTQ

KB0RTQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Chris - thank you for all the effort you have put into your well-designed site and offering it us to use for free. I am studying for my Extra right now, and between the practice tests here at the Zed, and now your site, I'm feeling more confident than ever in passing! 73! Dan

W6AH likes this.