ad: wmr-1

Was VP6D on 80 CW this morning at 1145Z a pirate?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by N6PAT, Oct 26, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. N6PAT

N6PAT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a QSO on 80 CW this morning with VP6D who was working a huge pileup. After adding the QSO to my log I checked DXA and no entry. A few hours later still no entry and no entry in the Log Search either. All my other QSO's with VP6D are in DXA.

Ops have been reporting issues with missing QSO's in DXA and the log so I thought this was another instance.

I checked a few of the calls that had spotted VP6D at that time and they didn't have an entry for that time frame either so I'm wondering if that was in fact a pirate and not VP6D.

Does anyone who had a VP6D CW QSO on 80 this morning around 1145 Z see their entry in DXA or the log search?

2. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Check to see what time the last QSO was logged on the VP6D web site.
    compare the times of your contact and the last log.

N2EY likes this.
  3. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Realize too that the logs don't get uploaded as fast as you think they should. Give it at least 24 hours before flying off the handle with pirate theories. It even says so on the web page, to wait that is.
    Check for your QSO via our logsearch, be mindful of the last upload time that is clearly visible
    upload_2018-10-26_13-42-12.png From two minutes ago. Recheck your log entry again OM.

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

They seem to be occasionally losing logs between the CW operating site and Home Base. They might show up eventually but work them again for insurance.
    Without confirmation who knows if it was a pirate or not.

5. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

And that is the best advice to date. Hey, at least you don't need them to QRS!

6. N6PAT

The last log entry is well after my QSO.

Also, DXA is usually updated within a minute - close to real time

7. N6PAT

My QSO was 2018-10-26 1145Z

8. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

While I agree, ironically enough, a news release from the Ducie ops yesterday specifically complained about too many duplicate contacts, and requested that ops monitor the DXA web page while they are attempting to work the operation.

Now, with that in mind...

I worked them on 40 CW early Wednesday morning (EDT), while logged into DXA. Not only was my QSO posted automatically within about 2 minutes, but I also got a “congratulations” pop up on the screen.

Later that afternoon, I worked them on 15 CW. Even though I was logged into DXA, no post, no pop-up. Others have noted similar as well on the DX clusters.

Could it have been a Pirate? (And if so, can he play 3rd Base, but I digress). Maybe, but I was listening to that op for several hours, before and after. If that was Slim operating, he was very dedicated... and no one with a beam antenna complained about an antenna pointing in the wrong direction.

I suspect technical difficulties, possibly weather related, between the CW & Phone operating positions.

Patience.

9. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

They definitely had a problem with 15 CW on Wednesday. Something about bad wx and the wireless link. If it doesn't make it to DXA then its not going to make it to the log without some manual intervention afterwards.

You won't show up as a dupe if you're not in the log!

10. N6PAT

I also received the popup message on my QSO I had prior to this last one. That was the only time I saw that. DXA showed no activity during the 80 CW session.

I'll just wait and try them on 80 again.

Attached Files: