ad: dxeng

Warning! Scammer: Jon A Buller [jonkb0nlp@gmail.com]

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by OK1RP, Jul 16, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. OK1RP

OK1RP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,
    be extremely careful...
    Direct email is sent from Jon A Buller [jonkb0nlp@gmail.com]
    Scammer is using complete sale text of AB4EJ for selling the TenTec Orion with accessories from Dec 2018!!!
    Just slightly modified text and he is sending upon request also the pictures downloaded here from AB4EJ with cutted personalising parts like AB4EJ QSL card or s/n of Orion transceiver...
    He is not using your personal name at the beginning and do not signing his emails!!!
    I did not fall for it just I am sending the Warning to others!
    Cheers,
    Petr, OK1RP

KJ4VTH likes this.
  2. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

It's KB0LNP and the QRZ account has no published email address. Looks like an unmanaged account. QRZ should put a disclaimer in these unmanaged accounts when these criminals discover and use them to defraud.

WR2E likes this.
  3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

@OK1RP You were warned not to run a WTB ad for a transceiver and you did it anyway. Of course a scammer contacted you. Did you expect something different?
    CAUTION - BEWARE OF SCAMS

N3AB, NZ4X and KA2FIR like this.
  4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

First sentence Fred states:

"CAUTION - posting WANTED ads for high-value items will likely solicit scammers!"

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    N3AB likes this.
  5. AJ4GQ

Right you are! And then in the Rules it states, "Since the likelihood of being targeted by a scammer increases with the value of the want, we strongly discourage WTB's for transceivers."
    Don't know what else can be done do to protect the inept from themselves.

N3AB and KA2FIR like this.
  6. OK1RP

I do not know why you are trying to kill me over there...

I did not lost money, I did not fall for it > just sharing the experience with another scammer over here.

I got hits from several scammers even although I "just replied to For sale posts here"
    and in oposit I got replies from few of real hams > nice guys with valid offers to my WTB...

So do not kill me there that I am trying to share another scam details please.

73 - Petr, OK1RP

7. AJ4GQ

We were trying to point out that you are engaging in behaviour that makes you prime scammer bait. Please read QRZ's rules about the WTB ads and pay particular attention to, " Prospective sellers MUST contact you using Private Messaging (PM)."
    Of course you were hit by scammers when you, "just replied to For sale posts here". Here's what you did, "Hi, I am interesting in your KX3. Can you drop me an email to indians at xsmail dot com please? Thanks. Petr OK1RP"
    The seller had clear contact instructions in his ad but you decided to post to the ad anyway and you included your email address for the scammer to see. By doing that you sent a message to the scammers that you have money to spend, that you are unable to follow simple instructions, and that you are so unaware that you would post your email address in public. All of those things put together make you an "easy mark" and scammers will continue to flock to you until you change how you do things. Sorry if we are being too harsh.

KA2FIR likes this.
  8. OK1RP

Thanks Hart. You are right that I breaked few important rules. Even although I did not lost any money (I did not reply to any hit) it is important to know these rules and follow them. 73 Petr

KA2FIR and AJ4GQ like this.