ad: chuckmartin

Want to feel good about yourself?

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WA3TJO, Jun 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. WA3TJO

WA3TJO Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is the situation. I HATE to throw away anything if there might be someone that can use it. I am 75 and have more "goodies" than I can use. I feel fortunate to have met a young man that is mentally challenged but is a whiz at electronics. He is selfless. He makes one tube radios and crystal radios and gives them away to people that he thinks will enjoy his creations. I recently bought him a cd that had hundreds of shortwave magazine pages. Many one tube radio plans were included. He is not computer literate so I printed out the plans for many of the radios for him. He went crazy with delight! I have given him every old coil, tube socket, variable cap that I had since I don't do much building. I am looking for someone that might want to "make his day". I posted a similar article years ago and had some success mainly with variable caps. He really needs ANY old coils, coil forms or anything that a guy might use in his pursuit. I live in Montrose, Colorado. He lives about an hour away in Clifton Colorado. I go there about once a month. I AM willing to provide verification that what I am mentioning is 100% accurate. I make no money on this. I DO get a warm fuzzy feeling when I can present him with a carton of "goodies". If you feel so inclined please write to me and maybe we can make this fellows day a bit brighter. 73, Len, WA3TJO

VK6APZ/SK2022 and K2AMF like this.