Want Feedback

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N3EWS, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N3EWS

N3EWS Ham Member QRZ Page

I want your feedback on my new website!

*****PLEASE NOTE THIS IS IN BETA MODE AND ITEMS MAY NOT WORK OR BE ADDED JUST NOW*****

I made a new page called, The DX Club. This is a social networking site that is user friendly and just for HAM's!

This website follows all federal laws and copyright laws along with the Open-Source project code of Elgg.

Please post your comments below, and do not be harsh. This website will be STRICTLY MONITORED!

http://www.TheDXClub.net

This is already being tested with a group of 25 members and so far, so good! Feel free to use and spread the word.

Thank You!

2. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your request. I see a lot of white space, but not much more. Are you going to have a home page that describes the organization and purpose of the website?

Is it necessary to make beta reviewers go through the registration process? I don't like to give out my e-mail address without knowing more about the people to whom I am giving it.

3. W4AMP

W4AMP Ham Member QRZ Page

IP honeypot?

4. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

A (mostly) blank page requiring me to sign up, isn't going to happen. It's a complete turn-off.

You can't possibly have anything I want that I can't find elsewhere.

Bye.

5. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

"This page has not been set up yet."

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think we need more ham radio websites, there are already 217 of them that I know of; however I tried to access that site and it wouldn't let me log in as it needed a password, and I tried that, and no go.

I think ham radio websites shouldn't require a lot in to visit and see what they are.

Silly.

7. KG7E

KG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

Careful.......Don't be harsh! :cool:

8. N3EWS

N3EWS Ham Member QRZ Page

The registration is a requirement to prevent spammers from attacking (Bots) and because everyone needs a user account.

I will add a home page in front of the main portal since you mentioned it.

The whitespace is there because you have no friends, and I don't mean it like that! The portal will have a news feed of important updates, along with your "friends' posts.

I was told it is like CQ Friends, but in a more modern style, almost exactly like Facebook except this one is monitored and only for HAM's.

9. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You haven't seen it yet?

10. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

You open by saying:

But then you say:

So you only want to know what we think about your website as long as it is positive? This is going to be a really short thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.