waiting waiting....

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KF5PCV, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-sarc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-innov
ad: l-Waters
  1. KF5PCV

KF5PCV Ham Member QRZ Page

passed my tech test on the 6th and still waiting on my call sign aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhh!!! lol...... patience isnt one of my virtues

2. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That seems like a longer than usual wait these days. I'd wait just a tad longer and contact the VE team if nothing happens. It doesn't happen often, but VE teams are volunteers, and sometimes the guy who is supposed to send the results in fails to do so immediately.

3. WC5B

WC5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Longer!!?? I had to wait 6 looooonnnnggggg months!!

4. KF5PCV

man i hope not!!!!

5. K0RGR

But not recently, I hope. FCC's turnaround time recently has been more like 1-2 weeks. That's why I suggested waiting just a little longer.

We had a situation here some years ago where the VE's turned in the paperwork, but two applications got stuck together (don't eat sugar donuts prior to the exam). The VE team had to contact FCC, who found the missing paperwork and processed the license.

But there have also been extremely rare cases where the paperwork simply didn't get filed.

Where are you looking? We don't have your information, so we can't look for you.

6. WA6TKD

WA6TKD Ham Member QRZ Page

Tested on 2/24/12 showed up in FCC database on 3/8/12

7. NI7I

NI7I Ham Member QRZ Page

When I passed my first test, I waited and waited for more than a month... when I fimally called them, they told me that they had run out of the paper used
    for printing the licenses.. Guess there was something special about it.. They gave me my call sign and verbal permission to get on the air.. Now they are printed
    on regular office depot paper..

Good luck and welcome.. Hope to work you soon.

Lee
    NI7I

8. KF5PCV

my ve called yesterday and they gave him my call sign and it showed up on the daily update today! kf5pcv

9. K0RGR

Cool - that's a good callsign, too.

Now, go get on the air. If you don't have a rig already, get on EchoLink.

10. K0RGR

Cool - that's a good callsign, too.

Now, go get on the air. If you don't have a rig already, get on EchoLink.

11. KG4NEL

KG4NEL Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to ham radio! :)

12. KK4IFV

KK4IFV Ham Member QRZ Page

Passed my test on March 10 and my call sign just showed up in the ULS a few hours ago.

13. KK4IZA

KK4IZA Ham Member QRZ Page

Still waiting on mine. Passed the tech last Saturday 4/28. Missed the general by a few.

14. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow, I got my initial call (Tech) and each upgrade (General, Extra) within two days of the exam.

15. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Subscriber QRZ Page

Weeks??? I tested April 30, and got mine May 2. Not even one business day.

Anyway, congratulations and welcome!

16. KK4IZA

KK4IZA Ham Member QRZ Page

I assume the fcc database will be updated first, so I should concentrate my search there?

17. AB2T

AB2T Ham Member QRZ Page

When I got my first license in 1993 the FCC had a ten week turnaround. I was about to say -- today's less than one week turnaround is nothing compared to the pre-ULS days!

Eh, it was all for the best. Before the ticket arrived I got a dipole up, my Elmer helped me set up my shack, and he instructed me on how to tune the rig properly. I learned a lot in the time from passing the first ticket and getting on the air. Maybe some artificial length should be built into the online ULS update system.

73, Jordan

18. KJ0NAS

KJ0NAS Ham Member QRZ Page

Took my tech test on 4/46. Got my call on 5/1. Applied for vanity call on 5/1. Got it on 5/19.

19. HEYBALES219

HEYBALES219 QRZ Member

I've been eager to get on the air. Bought an HT two weeks ago, tested and passed my Tech on on Sat 6/9. Application showed up in ULS today, but wouldn't you know, it's "offlined for alerts list review" so still now callsign. Out of 98 new license apps today, I'm 1 of 4 that's been "offlined". Makes me not want to even listen to my rig over the weekend since I still won't be able to participate/contribute. Learning a lot about how conversation flow and etiquette though! :D

20. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Subscriber QRZ Page

offlined for alerts list review???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.