WA6MHZ/KH6

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA6MHZ, Oct 7, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

OH a few other notes
    Stateside we call the place "HUH WHY EEE"
    on the official HAWAIIAN Music station KINE 105.1
    they always pronounce it
    "HUH VIE EEE"

And then there was the problem with the GPS. I programmed it to go to the HOTEL, and everytime I went some where it would constantly tell me to take a U TURN and reroute me back to the HOTEL.
    NO WAY I could shut it up.
    SO I told it to take me HOME (CREST)
    IT Sat for the longest time trying to calculate a route
    LOL!!! None could be found!!!
    That blew its mind and it shut up the rest of the trip, but still provided me with a map of where I was going.

AE1P and AF6LJ like this.
  2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That is funny as Hell...
    :D

3. WN6U

WN6U Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for sharing your adventure Pat.

4. NM7L

NM7L Ham Member QRZ Page

You would be defecating bricks if the GPS DID provide you with a route home.

5. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

As my grandfather would have said...

"You're Velcome!"

6. N0NSR

N0NSR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Pat - Thanks for sharing! The wife and I enjoyed the pictures; we are hoping to make it to Hawaii for her 50th birthday in a couple of years. I definitely have to see the Memorial; I have two family connections to it: one family member was believed lost in the attack for months, then finally a letter arrived from him. My great-uncle (I just discovered this about a year ago) ran a landing boat from the Missouri and was aboard for the signing of the peace treaty. He just casually mentioned it in passing one day.

7. WA6MHZ

NL7W and AF6LJ like this.
  8. WA6MHZ

heres a vid of a guy who takes his models very seriously

beautful work, but my problem is the rope looks to thick for 1:426 scale. had the rope been that thick, it would have been maybe a foot in diameter! So I would have used a fine thread
    I see alotta discrepancies between the model in the museum and what he did. for example, he painted the canvas around the guns black. in the museum they are white. Also, there is a red patch on top of the guns. Think I will use the one from the museum as a color scheme as most authentic if I build this.

AF6LJ likes this.
  9. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The only problem I can think of is finding a bottle large enough to contain it. :)

10. WA6MHZ

And my grandbaby would want to take it into the bathtub to play with