WA6MHZ/KH6

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by WA6MHZ, Oct 7, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Never saw that coming:rolleyes:

AG4RT and AF6LJ like this.
  2. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah. Though when I first saw the photo of the other statue, I did have a Dogma moment.

Had to do a double-take before I was sure that it wasn't the modern version of Buddy Christ!

3. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, not the way I remembered it, but found my 1989 pix and that is correct. Here a few
    pix inside since you did not board it. Very dim lighting.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo Bowfin 1989.jpg

K4YND and AF6LJ like this.
  4. K9ASE

There is also a beautiful Mormon temple on the island. I opportunity to visit it while at a Choral festival in 1991. We also sang at beautiful Catholic church near the Ala Wai canal

AF6LJ likes this.
  5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

IMG_7255a.jpg
    This antenna is very interesting. A standard KT-34XA is only 6 elements
    [​IMG]
    but the one at KH6LJ has EIGHT Elements!!!
    Must be a custom antenna

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  6. WA6MHZ

I've got enough KT34 parts to build one like this, but I could never turn it on the existing roof tower. Maybe on the 72footer if I EVER get it up!
    Wonder if there are plans on how he did it. I have a 2nd boom for a KT34, almost enough to make 2 antennas. But the one I have up has been modified to the M2 setup, which is substantially stronger and different than the KLM KT-34

7. K9ASE

amp? He don't need no stinking amp.

8. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Pat:
    Did you look for any good local food? I had the idea that there were lots of Mom&Pop walk in food shops in local strip malls and such.

9. WA6MHZ

I saw a few on the North end of the island, and alotta food trucks. But we didn't stop at any. I didnt want any problems on the poot poot seat! so I stuck with TRUSTED food like PANDA EXPRESS.

The POI they had at the LUAU sucked. Something was way different about it. I remember I loved it 20 years ago, and even smuggled some back home. NOW TSA would confiscate any POI I tried to bring home.
    The taste of it was very bland and tasteless, I remember a brilliant flavor 20 years ago. (when we went to MAUI/BIG ISLAND for our 10th Anniversary) Wonder what changed?

KA0HCP likes this.
  10. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh, yeah, forgot about your tummy issues. I've always heard poi tastes like wallpaper paste. *shrug*. I was only in Hawaii at about 2 a.m. for USAF MAC refueling stop returning from Guam.