W6WBJ NAL further comments

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K6MWT, Dec 23, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K6MWT

K6MWT Ham Member QRZ Page

I just tired to post to a recently closed thread, so starting this one.

We talked to Billy W6WBJ Saturday on 7.255 (warzone). He had not received the NAL yet. Looking at the NAL, it looks weak. I’d like to see the FCC intercept transcript which I’m sure Billy will provide. He said the station inspection was cordial on both sides except then the FCC agents asked him not to play recordings, to which he responded “request denied.” I get the feeling this conflict with the FCC is what he wants. He appears to be a competent lawyer and says he “can stretch this issue out until the day I die.”

WB6MMJ really? You’re accusing me jamming your repeater 36 years ago when I was 14-15 years old? If I jammed in the past, I’m certainly dealing with the karma now that I’m the owner and licensee of the most (in)famous amateur repeater in the world… and the most jammed repeater in the world; 147.435 Los Angeles.

In regards to 7.255, 3.840, 147.435 MHz, can’t we have a few amateur / citizen frequencies on which we can speak our minds without paying AT&T, et al.

The N6BHU v. FCC ruling allows us to use “gutter parlance” as long as it does not appeal to prurient interests. We can cuss and swear all we want. Note: N6BHU as was an honorary licensee of 147.435 under may ownership.

I think we all agree that malicious interference, long playing music, long recordings, rebroadcast of commercial content, etc. is a violation and not cool. I allow brief music clips to be played on 435 as long as there is discussion about them. I feel that is within the spirit and intent of the rules.

Regards,
    Roger Bly
    k6mwt
    147.435 Repeater

2. VE7DCW

VE7DCW Ham Member QRZ Page

K6MWT ........ you sound like another 14.313 apologist and the same garbage happening on that frequency carbon copy as to what is happening on the frequencies you have mentioned,without mentioning 313! sheeesh.......not to worry I do agree with you in one respect,this thread is sure to get the same short shrift as that other thread!...... this one will not last long.What say anyone......a WALT contender?

G3ZBP and SA6CKE like this.
  3. K6MWT

K6MWT Ham Member QRZ Page

14.313 is boring compared to the aforementioned frequencies in California.

4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

97.113(a)(4) specifically prohibits amateur radio operators from transmitting music.

The ONLY exception is "incidental" music from the very short list of Government stations listed in 97.113(c)

And that's all I'm going to say about that.

5. AJ4CU

AJ4CU Ham Member QRZ Page

Defending breaking the rules? defending foul language? defending being an all out miscreant? only in 6 land I guess.

Cussing like a sailor comes easy but the strong minded can turn it of easily and still have a decent debate on any subject, the other two do not even deserve discussion.

6. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess we should stop doing community support for parades. I have heard a lot of 'incidental music' from marching bands coming through amateur radios and repeaters since I got into ham radio in 1994. It never seemed to bother anyone nor did it ever generate any complaints to the FCC, as far as I know.

7. AJ4CU

AJ4CU Ham Member QRZ Page

That is quite a bit different from deliberate playing of music and using the excuse of "discussion" or am I just plain wrong?

8. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course it's different, but still not legal. Plain and simple, like it or not, having marching band music coming over ham radio transmissions is prohibited by Part 97. If we feel that marching band music should be allowed under certain circumstances, we need to try to get Part 97 changed, not just ignore the prohibition. To me, it's a 'people in glass houses' issue. When I work parades and am within earshot of music, I will hold my transmissions, or even stop them for a minute or two until I can talk without re-transmitting music. I really do try to teach by example.

9. KB9UWU

KB9UWU Ham Member QRZ Page

um, wut?

10. M0PHE

M0PHE Ham Member QRZ Page

What time do the grown ups get here?

G3ZBP, W7JZE, N3AWS and 9 others like this.