ad: Anwtowers-1

W6WBJ locks horns with the FCC

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K8MHZ, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

The author of this notorious letter has been ordered to appear before an ALJ:

Here is the Hearing Designation Order:

And here is a link to his first set of interrogatories:

This should be an exciting case folks! I will keep you posted as it unfolds. Bill would do it himself but he has been banned from this site.

I think he has also been banned from Hamsexy but I am not sure about that.

He still has privileges on eHam. That is where I found the news about his Designation Order.

Popcorn anyone?
  2. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lightly salted and buttered please.
  3. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

How about we take some bets?

Who thinks Bill will prevail?

Who thinks the FCC will?

Or should I start another thread with a poll?

My bet is that Bill will prevail. He has done his homework and is *very* crafty.

Oh, and I like my popcorn with lots of butter, salted, and washed down with beer.
  4. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll take it plain, but hot and freshly popped.
  5. WW3QB

WW3QB Ham Member QRZ Page

Small popcorn please, because this will not take long. W6WBJ's letter and interrogatories are just awful. He is trying to put Riley on trial. That is not going to happen. This part is enough to get his license revoked:

6. N4AUD

N4AUD Ham Member QRZ Page

BINGO! Give the man a kewpie doll.
  7. KC9JIQ

KC9JIQ QRZ Member QRZ Page

BILL, IF YOU READ THIS, TAKE SOME TIPS FROM THE JACK GERRITSEN CASE, you know as well as I do that the FCC cannot prevent freedom of speech.
  8. N2RJ

N2RJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have to say negatory, OM.

Why, just look at K1MAN - license still valid, outstanding NAL and the FCC is doing diddly.

In fact if they keep this up he'll never have to renew his license, and he'd have saved the vanity fee.

Hey, if I wa cheap, maybe I should broadcast "bulletins" so maybe I could get my vanity fee taken care of...
  9. N4AUD

N4AUD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmm, good point Ryan. Maybe I was too hasty in turning down the popcorn! The FCC seems to be a paper tiger with any transgressor that puts up a fight.
  10. KI6NNO

KI6NNO Ham Member QRZ Page

My bet:
    Bill's license won't be renewed, similar to other ex-Hams who lost theirs due to "qualification of character".

Why? Even ignoring the jamming allegations, there are free speech restrictions in the CFR that exclude F-bombs, etc. from the transmitted amateur radio vocabulary. Transmitting such language after 47 CFR 113(a)(4) prohibiting it became law means that Bill's alleged activity (from what I understand was transmitted) was patently illegal. I'd be surprised if enough evidence got suppressed to the point that the FCC couldn't make their case. But even if that occurred, it seems like the FCC has him nailed on ethical qualifications as a licensee.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.