ad: w5yi

W6WBJ is FINED $25k for INTENTIONAL INTERFERENCE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KK7HO, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KK7HO

KK7HO Ham Member QRZ Page

Attached Files:

VE2EVN, KF7HEQ and G3ZQQ like this.
  2. K0RGR

K0RGR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My last comments on this gentlemen's antics, as discussed here in a previous thread, resulted in an email from him. This gentleman is a lawyer, and apparently believes that the First Amendment gives him the right to harass people on the air, in any manner that he sees fit. My personal policy, as expounded by my late father in law, is to keep skunks and lawyers (particularly those with a 'cause') at a distance. I am not a lawyer, so I will let him fight it out with the government's lawyers. I am rooting for the government's skunks in this case.

AD0JA, VE2EVN, K3RW and 6 others like this.
  3. KK2DOG

KK2DOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

But...but...I thought knowing CW was supposed to make folks "real hams."

W7XLR, N3GMN, KC3BZJ and 10 others like this.
  4. AF8JC

AF8JC Ham Member QRZ Page

I read the 25 page pdf and my conclusion is that it represents a trend that I have noticed that cuts across many sectors of government. For a number of years I have noticed that there have been individuals that read a portion of the constitution or one of its amendments and decide that they can discern a "right" or "loophole" that justifies them making an unorthodox interpretation. Then these folks decide that they have the true understanding, and for a small fee, you can attend one of their seminars on how you too can avoid paying income taxes, or establish your own country (or be an emancipated citizen0, or create your own "well-regulated militia". We just went thru a long, drawn out, standoff with the rancher family out west who thought they could free range their cattle wherever they wanted (or something like that). These folks just can't get it through their head that there are regulations that cover almost everything and that interpretation is not up to the individual. That is why there is an odd number of Supreme Court Justices. What most of the misguided individuals fail to recognize is that most controversial regulations have already been tested and clarified by previous court actions. Not trying to be political, but we not only see this trend with individuals but also with state legislatures. They pass laws knowing full well they will be overturned after judicial review. I'm afraid this is the nature of our current society.

KI7YSU, N1FMV, W4MAL and 18 others like this.
  5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Many jammers and other malcontents are Extra class 20WPM hams who have become disillusioned with the hobby. Their social group may have dissolved, and they feel isolated and loss of purpose. They take their anger out on other hams.

K4PIH, N1FMV, N4EYZ and 17 others like this.
  6. MW1CFN

MW1CFN Ham Member QRZ Page

The arguments in an attempt to defend the indefensible seem puerile, ridiculous and entirely at odds with any reasonable person's understanding of what the amateur service is for. Anyone who argues one person may interfere with very many others' peaceful enjoyment of any activity with impunity really needs to, in the words of Obi Wan Kenobi, 'go home and rethink their life.'

KO6KL, K3ILC, VE2EVN and 2 others like this.
  7. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's one of the factors. Not the only one, though.

However, let us consider that the person in question is an Advanced. More important, consider what mode were used for jamming.....

M0LFV and KB2RAW like this.
  8. AF8JC

AF8JC Ham Member QRZ Page

Many of W6WBJ's comments to the FCC after it's NAL cited racial issues and he claimed they were a black group, discussing black grievances, and disallowing white participation. This was posted in the last appendix of the pdf. This is not about feeling disenfranchised, but about race and racial attitudes. He could have easily spun the "big dial", but he just couldn't let it go.

For those that don't wish to wade thru all 25 pages, here is one quote lifted from page 24 of the pdf. It is one of many communications that W6WBJ sent to the FCC after the NAL proposal:

“You just don't like the content of my communications because I am justifiably critical of the
    Commission and I point out the obvious racism of the ’WARFA net’. I make public the ’WARFA net’'s
    never-ending, unjustified, self-serving race-based complaints, grievances, demands for reparations and
    justification of lawbreaking by Black people, and their insistence upon segregating themselves from
    “racist” white people on the band, so you are calling my transmissions ’interference’ ’noise’ and ’music’
    just to shut me up. That is a classic constitutional violation of my free-speech rights. You're the racists,
    not me!” Crowell NAL Response at 7 (emphasis in original).

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    W9DTO, WA8FOZ, W6VXP and 2 others like this.
  9. KN4RA

KN4RA Ham Member QRZ Page

@ AF8JC- Spinning the big dial is excellent advice. I think you nailed it.

KG5LAE and W6VXP like this.
  10. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

KD8EDN, KB7UXE, W0VTT and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.