ad: elecraft

W6WBJ Apparent Liability in the amount of $25,000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC7RUN, Dec 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In another universe this would be quite appealing. In the world in which we live, the liability that would arise from this would certainly paralyze and probably bankrupt the ARRL. Each time an OO complaint were published, hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees could arise from the aggrieved lid. Too bad.

2. KK6FR

KK6FR Ham Member QRZ Page

Go Billy! Kick the FCC right in the NUTS...:D

N6PJB likes this.
  3. WB6MMJ

WB6MMJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I know who the owner of the 435 repeater is and he use to jam my repeater back in the late 70`s. How do I know it was him? We parked in front of his parents house, where he lived at the time, and caught him jamming. Roger is one bad person and should never be a repeater owner. He needs his license revoked, if anything, for allowing what is going on on his 435 repeater under his call.

WU8Y likes this.
  4. WB6MMJ

Just for information sake. Some of Billy`s recordings are X rated. They have detailed sex acts in them. He also hates blacks and uses every word you can imagine, describing them, when he jams the W.A.R.F.A. Net. This really isn`t about using 4 letter words.

5. WB6MMJ

Yep. Steve needs to be next. He has been warned, before, by the F.C.C., about his stalking and jamming. Lets hope they get him.

6. KK7HO/SK2022

KK7HO/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

I see Crowell (W6WBJ) has at least 1 cheerleader

KK5R likes this.
  7. WB6MMJ

I meant to say that Billy "Seems" to hate blacks.

8. K7ZAR

K7ZAR Ham Member QRZ Page

The Omiss net also??? No Way...

9. K6EA

K6EA Ham Member QRZ Page

He will have more than one cheerleader. The problem is, these guys don't know Billy like some know Billy. A good comment I heard today was ZAR saying why don't the FCC go after the
    guys who terrorized him and made him leave the mainland, well, that was Billy and his crew. They talk to you like you are there friend then the jam the hell out of you and you don't even realize it.

WB6MMJ and KY6W like this.
  10. K7ZAR

K7ZAR Ham Member QRZ Page

Everyone has an Opinion... Only the HFDF antenna knows for sure... I can speculate all I wish... And no one makes me do anything... Leaving for Hawaii was more than just being jammed and stalked... From what I understand it was not Billy... But I'm not WARFA or a Group... So the FCC don't care... The FCC only enforces attacks on Groups or upon federal radios for public safety and such... The reason there's Jamming on Ham Radio is due to the FCC not enforcing the laws of Harassment And Stalking...
    my Opinion...

Thanks for your concern K6EA...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  11. KK7HO/SK2022

Exactly right, many recordings of ZAR were played back then - making him sound crazed - it was major harassment of Greg... browbeat him - and now he sucks up to avoid the harassment/confrontation - but he knows its wrong and doesn't jam.... ZAR is not one of the jammers.

...Billy and his children (as he calls them, aka jammers) are in the spotlight
    ...(aka HFDF aperture).

I have to say - its taken a long time - way too long actually. But the Commission reorganization seems to be a good thing - they are now leaner meaner, sharper & smarter ...and the Tiger team - much faster. ...and they've only been reorganized since about July. :)

WB6MMJ likes this.
  12. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

KK5R said:
    What about the ARRL also listing the Lids, those who are consistent violators according to the Official Observers? This would help legitimize the ARRL and the OOs in everyone's minds, in fact.

I'm betting that if a bit of thought were put into this, what you say would not happen. Of course it would disappoint the "ambulance chasers" but my comment about "consistent violators" should have been "perpetual violators" but by the time I realized this and wanted to change it, the time limit for editing had passed.

By "perpetual violators" I mean those who are the most outstanding offenders, those who have such a reputation for the evil they do that I suspect that being made so notorious by listing them would be more like doing them a favor since they crave the attention. If done properly, it would not be seen as libel since it would be merely telling the truth about them.

I doubt the ARRL would ever do this because it might cost them a subscription or two to QST. Therefore, it might just be better if the FCC did it by listing the violations they are working on but not putting out the offenders' callsigns. This way, the listed offenders would not know if it is them or some other ham and perhaps make them a bit more cautious.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    K3AN likes this.
  13. KK7HO/SK2022

Hmmm - "the ARRL listing LIDS" - there are many problems with that - so - how about YOU put up a webpage and do it?

Just let this Newly Organized FCC Go at it - the leaner, meaner, faster tiger team will do their thing - they've only been re-organized since July - its working!!

14. WA7KTM

WA7KTM Ham Member QRZ Page

I am all for to get Billy off of the air. I am not sure if he is 100% responsible for all of the interference jamming on 3840 since I hear him being jammed also. If you do not know Billy is a retired lawyer that knows Part 97 better that the FCC knows it. He know the laws well about radio communication and first amendment rights. The FCC will be taken to court and it will be an up hill battle for the FCC. I hope the FCC puts their best man on this case and wins.

15. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I hope he gets squashed like a bug...

Ed

K3AN and N6KIA like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.