W6WBJ Apparent Liability in the amount of $25,000

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC7RUN, Dec 18, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KA2UVI

KA2UVI Ham Member QRZ Page

Unenforceable, Fed courts smacked the FCC down in the early 80s on the language thing. N6BHU vs FCC 1981

Thus anyone can get on air and drop F bombs every other word and cuss up a storm. only choice you have is to spin the vfo and go elsewhere.

Then how did the conviction of KG6IRO happen for the very same issue in Dec 2005 on all counts including jamming?

2. NK8J

NK8J Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes it is re read 97.113 and you will see that "obscene or indecent words or language" are prohibited. hence illegal on the ham bands.

KK5R likes this.
  3. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Regulation or not, I wouldn't want to be known as someone who thinks nothing of using vulgar language, and goes out of his way to make life unpleasant for others. I wonder if Billy's mama knows he's been a poophead.

vy 73 es gl,
    Bryan WA7PRC

KQ6UP and KK5R like this.
  4. WB6MMJ

WB6MMJ Ham Member QRZ Page

We, out here on the West Coast, have been having to put up with W6WBJ`s antics for years. I heard about his NAL this morning and I must say, that really made my day. I heard him come on 7.255 this morning and someone asked him about the NAL. Billy said, "what NAL" He did`nt get the news. He said " let me check on that" He came back and tried to down play it. From then on he has been acting like a victim. LOL I have been listening to him for years doing what he has been doing on 40 and 75 / 80 meters. He is no victim. He is getting what he deserves. The way to get people, like him, off of the air is to write complaints to the F.C.C. and keep doing it until they take action. There have been thousands of complaints made against Billy and it is now paying off. Thank you to the F.C.C. for finally getting him the second time. Billy has another case waiting to be heard by the ALJ. This second bust will help get rid of him and the F.C.C.`s case against him looks solid.

N6KIA and KK5R like this.
  5. W8OTR

W8OTR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Define indecent or foul language ?

6. NA4IT

NA4IT Ham Member QRZ Page

I think QRZ needs to start a "Wall of Shame" and put these LID stories on them.
    Might make operators respect their license and the airwaves again.

W7AE and KK5R like this.
  7. K4YZ

K4YZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I wouldn't get too excited about this. The FCC had that Baxter idiot (ex-K1MAN) in Maine dead-to-rights for almost a decade before they finally got him adjudicated and off the air. The FCC long-ago vacated their reputation and responsibilities for enforcement and only get involved if they have their collective arms twisted into doing something. Even then, they are borderline useless. Look at the "W6NUT/R" situation in the LA area and the creepiness of 14313KHz. Over 40 years of the worst kinds of misconduct on the air and the FCC balks over-and-over again. If they'd start showing up on more doorsteps with a US Marshal in tow our bands would be in a lot better shape.

Steve, K4YZ

K6SSA, KK5R and N2FFL like this.
  8. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Gotta remember a few things on Jack Gerritsen's case that differentiates it from Bill's situation.

#1 He was ex-KG6IRO. The FCC had rescinded his license grant owing to the "oops" rule and any communications that Jack was making were done as unlicensed station. Bill's license is valid - even in a "pending" stage. So for Bill, there was a required process for a licensee whereas there was a very different track for Jack.

#2 Bill's jamming of ONLY the amateur service took a lengthy process to demonstrate and document. Where Jack screwed up was by 1) jamming a coast guard rescue situation on the Catalina repeater, 2) jamming a DHS emergency preparedness drill, and 3) jamming an ARMY MARS frequency. Frankly, if Jack had stuck to jamming the CARA repeater, 435, and 5.22, he probably could have gotten away with it for a long time. But once he stepped on the toes of the Feds, he was cooked. Indeed, if you look the DOJ press release announcing Jack's arrest, there wasn't a single mention of jamming repeaters during normal repeater operation. Every instance had a public safety or national security consequence. In fact, its rumored that some of the 435 users egged him on to do what he did (jamming the MARS frequency) simply to accelerate the legal process...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    KK5R likes this.
  9. KN4OK

KN4OK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, why don't the FCC revoke their license. Oh, shame shame, slap slap "don't do that again, might hurt you, I am sorry"

10. KK5R

KK5R Ham Member QRZ Page

IT'S STILL THE LAW...

To say nothing is to go along with it and condone it. Spinning the dial is what the "foul language spouters" want. They want to run carriers, music and their mouths and pretend it's not against standing law and get away with it with nothing more than a few moans and complaints and then a smug "spin the dial" retort.

They imply that a "You don't like it? Then go away. It's war you want? Then you have it. Let the FCC come with their $25,000 fines. Ha...see if we care." trumps all. Right...!

Yep, they don't care. Retired lawyers will play and pretend they have money to fight it in court and get away with it. But now they are known and not in the shadows, hiding behind mikes and acting like they are bigger than the laws they are breaking. And we can take a hike — just go spin the dial.

Let 'em pay their fines, let 'em risk loss of equipment, let 'em pretend to be the big guys on the block. I'm waiting for them to try getting rash with some judge and THEN we'll see how big they are. Let them try telling some judge to "spin the dial." It only ends up costing "retired juveniles" time and money and that is one dial I don't want to spin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.