ad: Retevis-1

W5DDJ David (Dave) Fiduccia SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K0RVB, Jan 24, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K0RVB

K0RVB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It is with an extremely heavy heart that I report to everyone, David (Dave) Fiduccia, W5DDJ, San Antonio, TX, became a silent key, Friday morning, 1-19-18, at 1030am CST.
    Dave had been undergoing different related heart surgeries, and the latest, a valve replacement, was received well by his heart, but was having problems secondary to the valve replacement, which ended up taking Dave from us.
    Dave is/was a "Hams Ham". He was very passionate about radio and had many contacts around the city, USA and the world. He was very active on 10 meters and VHF SSB. Dave was only 66 yrs old. A very sad day to say the least. Dave was a retired U.S. Navy veteran of many years of service to his country and mankind.

Dave... We miss you greatly my brother... but you are no longer feeling any pain and are in perfect health.
    The bands are open Dave! Go get that DX! We will work you again soon my brother!!

73 de John K0RVB

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

My Condolences.

I have not been able to find an Obituary or Funeral Announcement, have you any more info??

3. K0RVB

Lee;
    As per wife and daughter, Dave was to be cremated. We were not able to find out if there was to be any church service or the like. They were pretty secretive about that.

That being said, I can't think of a better memorial to Dave, than the memories we each have. The many rag chews, DX contacts, working on radios, putting up antennas, going to ham fests, drinking coffee and so on. I have so many fond memories of visiting with Dave and his "boys", his 2 dogs, Brendan and Brandon, dachshunds, brothers that he adopted as puppies, keeping them together, so their family would be intact as much as possible. I bought my Mosley TA33JR from Dave. Since my back is messed up badly, (3 crushed discs in the lower lumbar), Dave said "No sweat brother! Rod and I will come over Saturday morning (7 years ago) and put it up for you. Rod being N5KQA. Rod and Dave were closer than brothers could be. The 3 of us became "The Three Musketeers" since we all became very close. I would drop off my daughter at he college close to Dave's house, then head over to Dave's drinking coffee. He would call Rod, who would head to Dave's (they lived one street apart)and we would end up talking radios, DX and so on, until my daughter was done with class, then I would head out to pick her up. This was a weekly occurrence for T3M (The 3 Musketeers).

So as I see it Lee, each of our memories are the very best memorial to Dave. No one can recreate those memories, no one has the exact same memories but us and and how Dave has impacted our lives and continues to do so each and every day.

When I look in here daily and see the number of views that Dave's write up gets, It saddens me again that Dave is gone, but at the same time, makes me elated that more potential memories of Dave are out there, keeping him alive even more.

It's awesome to see just how much a "ham family" really is just that. In some ways, as close if not closer than my real family, just in different ways. No disrespect meant towards the real family of course.

OK Lee, I'm sorry I've rambled on here. My fingers didn't want to stop typing about Dave. I could go on and on, but I won't and not take up anymore of your time.
    Thank you for inquiring about Dave's services. It means a lot brotherman. Hope to work you sometime soon.

73 de John K0RVB

W5BIB and K2HAT like this.
  4. K0RVB

Thanks Lee.

K2HAT likes this.
  5. KC2WLR

KC2WLR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is very sad news. I was actually thinking about Dave the other day (maybe his way of saying goodbye to me). I've had many of QSO on 10M with Dave over the years and always enjoyed our contacts. He had modern equipment but loved his Yaesu FT-101's. Very sad.
    73 my Friend,
    Pat KC2WLR

6. K0RVB

Thanks Pat. Dave will live on in our memories.

7. W5GLO

W5GLO Ham Member QRZ Page

My wife came home from work to tell me of a wonderful patient who is a Ham. She gave him my call W5GLO. We were set to have an eyeball QSO after his discharge.
    The following Monday she tearfully reported Dave had passed. I had looked him up here on QRZ. He was a very special man, loved by his family and a host of fellow Hams. I sincerely regret getting to know Dave. He’s now on the Sunlight of the Spirit Band. Blessings and hope for all. Sincere 73, Marvin Huff

8. K0RVB

Marv... Thanks so much for your condolences. Dave meant the world to me and many others, especially Rod, N5KQA, his closest and best friend. So sorry you didn't get to meet him. Never forget Dave... that's how his memorial will continue.
    73 de John