W1AW/XX QSL cards - anyone get any yet?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N0AKF, Jun 28, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. N0AKF

N0AKF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I received 3 envelopes of cards from the bureau today. Still no W1AW/xx cards - anyone receive their yet?

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I got W1AW/100 in my last buro shipment a couple of weeks ago.

3. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Got W1AW/KG4 a few weeks back, via the buro.

Word I got from a W3 Buro person at Breezeshooter's is that they are coming in, and they are processing each batch as they get them.

4. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There was apparently a problem (or, more like, unintended consequence) with the cards -- they made both sides glossy, which created a problem with printing QSO information on them,

It took them a while to figure out how to get QSO details printed, and the cards were starting to come back from that printing as of 1 June.

I didn't ask if they had an ETA on when they were going to be shipped to the bureaus, but I'm pretty sure the answer is "as quickly as possible" because the boxes of cards were taking up too much space in HQ.

The attached picture is of some of the boxes of cards in early May, after they were created, but before QSO details were printed. If you look closely, you can see what the fronts of the cards look like.

I've had some of the finished cards in my grimy little hands. (Not my cards, sadly.) My only real gripe would be that they're only listing 10 Q's on each card because of printing limitations and cost. (All the Q's were confirmed by LOTW, however.)

Attached Files:

5. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Our bureau chief informed us that a box of 22 pounds of W1AW QSL cards arrived at the W3 bureau last week and are being sorted and distributed as we speak.

Some W1AW/100 cards and W1AW/KG4 cards were distributed last month.

So, the answer is, "yes", they're coming out.

6. W6OGC

W6OGC Ham Member QRZ Page

IIRC, QST said there were some 800,000 cards to distribute, through the bureau. Those bureau volunteers are earning their money now!

7. KI4FKW

KI4FKW Ham Member QRZ Page

I got two, so far. Too lazy to get up and go see which ones.

KI5WW likes this.
  8. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

As a QSL Bureau sorter, I gotta say that I am not really looking forward to dealing with probably about 3000 cards for my letter group, of which, probably 90% of the ops will not have envelopes on file. Oh well, that's why they pay me the big bucks, LOL.

W5INC likes this.
  9. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As I understand it you had to specifically sign up to get the cards sent via the bureau One would think that most of that group would have envelopes on file.

K2HAT likes this.
  10. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeppers, one would think so, but getting folks to send envelopes and follow published instructions can be like pulling teeth sometimes.