VXD 7200 HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K3ALG, Jun 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. K3ALG

K3ALG Ham Member QRZ Page

So I acquired a vertex standard vxd7200. However the band split is 450-512. I’ve TRIED modifying the codeplug to work 440 but no luck. Does anyone have a codeplug that I can use that I can just open and use?

Thanks!!

2. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Good morning Aaron,

Not trying to rattle your cage, but you have acquired a radio that is spec'd for 450-512 MHz and then expect it to work outside that band...what were you thinkin'?

Return it (if possible) and get a radio that is designed for the bands in which you want to operate.
    Some things can be modified to do that which they were not designed to do. Most cannot.
    Have you heard of others who have been successful at doing what you're trying to do?

Good luck.

Regards,
    -Bruce

3. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

Not "want to operate, OR "where licensed to operate?" :confused: Just sayin'.

4. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Aaron,

Re: my post (#2) above. After doing some on-line research (Google is our friend) it appears the VXD 7200 can be modded via the appropriate codeplug.
    A search on "VXD 7200 codeplug" (or similar) should be of help to you.

And maybe having a moderator move this to the VHF/UHF forum might expose your question to more DMR users.

Good luck.

Regards,
    -Bruce

5. K3ALG

Ya know. It’s seems amateur radio anymore has became a bullying and “what were you thinking?!?!!” Subject anymore. Can’t ever ask for help because people bash you without even knowing the entire story on how you got the radio.

I got this radio as a left over that nobody wanted and already knew you could back the codeplug down. Or I wouldn’t have bought it. That’s what I was thinking. SURE I’ll get a refund for a radio on a company that is well.... been out of business.

All this “HOBBY” is anymore is one person saying “well I can do it better so why don’t you do it this way?”

Like DMR guys that swear by DMR and try to critique someone on how to talk on a radio, instead of having an old fashioned QSO.

Is this a hobby or a critiquing, criticizing thing?

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

The on the air part is the hobby. Going on an Internet reflector and expecting cuddles and kisses is unrealistic as criticism is almost guaranteed. Note that ham radio and Internet have different DNA.

If you come to an Internet forum asking for someone to save your butt on something you have obtained, you must take the good with the bad. Boo hoo hoo won't help you. Best of luck with your issue. Hang in there, someone may still be able to help you.

7. K3ALG

Bo hoo? No see when you come to this forum people ask for help. Not criticizing comments on why people do what they do. Or even asking how you got a rig or why you got it. Not “omg what were you thinking!?!” And as for “internet radio” I was making an example. That is all.