VP6R Pitcairin Is DXpedition

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by WA6MHZ, Oct 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

They are on 60M now but only working EU. 5358.5 USB FT8 Stateside stations are being ignored.
    I wonder if DX Summit has blacklisted me. Whenever I post a spot it doesn't show up. But when I use my wifes call it comes right thru. Maybe whoever runs it is hating me cuz I have so many QSOs

2. WA6MHZ

Came downstairs at 1Am and got them on 80FT8 and 60M for 1st 60M QSO EVER!!!!! that makes 21!

3. WA6MHZ

60m.jpg OH, AB8MA, I did see a busted call on FT8!! They had KM6MHZ first and I had to rework them till they got WA6MHZ. So keep after them!! U will log them for sure!!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  4. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I looked for other calls before and after mine. (WP4G, CX3AL, AB9V, AB8AL, and K9EXY). None of them are in the log update either.

Either that was a pirate (+3 to Pitcairn when PSKReporter was showing nothing), or simply a log yet to be uploaded?

5. WA6MHZ

Unfortunately, it is just too easy to change the callsign in WSJT-X. So it could have been a bootlegger, Keep after them, they are getting alot easier to work now that the demand has gone down. Still another week to go too!

I need to constantly monitor the DX SUMMIIT as they can add bandmodes they haven't tried before. They still need to get on 160 FT8, and 75,10 and 12M SSB! Stats show they are working twice as much CW as the other modes. But then they have some of the TOP Contestors in the world on the team!

They will really go crazy this weekend with the CQ Worldwide PHONE Contest!, So even though U already worked them, they want as many Qs as Possible during that time. It is perfectly OK and Highly desired for you to work them again on as many bands as possible during the contest! They might win the Contest from there! By then they will have weeded out every possible Ham who needs them for a ATNO country. The use of FT8 Fox and Hound has made it possible for Hams who never would have a prayer in a full blown pileup to get logged and confirmed for Pitcairn! And after the contest they can wind down and pack up for home, in what has to be the most successful and outstanding DXpedition of the Century!!

6. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Might not be busted. I looked up the call.. KM6MHZ has a QRZ page filled out, appears to be active on HF and is striving towards DXCC. He's had his ticket since 2016 and I'd put money on it that it's a good QSO.

7. WB9LUR

WB9LUR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking for 80 CW - got up early this morning but they were FT8 only at the time ... did work OX1AA though.

The VP6R team has planned well - good activation with lots of skilled ops. Already over 30K QSOs!

8. WA6MHZ

deleted

9. WA6MHZ

all 21 QSOs included in updated log. 10M FT8 and 60M now there. Hoping for 10CW tonight

10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Harumph. Looks like that strong signal last night was a pirate. I'm not showing up in the log.