ad: w5yi

VP6D Ducie Is. DXpedition

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KE4KY, Oct 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Got my contact for a new one! 40m CW this morning 1059z very good signal.

DK7OB likes this.
  2. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats!
    Me too! (at 0857) Never got a rare ATNO on 40m before. 6dB more power make a difference. (400W now)

3. KG5THG

KG5THG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like they are starting with ft8 today. Picked them up on 40m this morning. Lot of people didn't read the fox/hound instructions though. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out.

4. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Just followed them on 20m FT8. There are many (I mean really many) stations calling them in their slot. I can't believe so many hams did not read the manual, so maybe I am missing something ??

5. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No, you're not missing anything. Fox/Hound mode is likely to be the standard for DXPeditions using FT8. But SPLIT operation is already the standard for wanted DXPeditions and look how many haven't figured that out yet.

Although one particular operation seems to be using BOTH Fox/Hound and standard mode so I can understand some confusion.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  6. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, 40 is in the log. 1 down 3 to go. :)

7. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked them Easily on 20 and 17 SSB. But my 17M QSO never showed up, need to do it again. Then worked them on 40 FT-8 this morning for my first DXpedition FT8 contact!
    VP6DDXA3.jpg
    Tried on CW yesterday, had everything ready to go and the programmed keyer smoked. Dont understand what happened, but think it was lightning related as the Digital clock also smoked. Hope nothing else is blown! Had rigs unplugged from antennas, so they are fine. Freak storm!

Found the PIC CHIP in the MFJ-464 blown and the FET to key the rig. Ordered replacements and PRAYING they come in before the DXpedtion is over.

Tried calling them with my hand KEY, LOL!!! they won't like 10WPM!!! That's why the MFJ was so nice!! Computer perfect code every time. I marvel at these folks who can buzz along with a paddle! They are GENIUS's and Very Talented!!!

WZ7U and K9ASE like this.
  8. AD5HR

AD5HR Ham Member QRZ Page

VP6D was nice and strong on 40 CW this morning around 12:00Z,
    easily S7 to S8 on the low 80M loop.
    Worked VP6I years ago on most bands only need them on 30M
    and 6M. Might make 30M, but 6M probably won't happen.
    At 4,140 miles, this was one of the most distant 160M contacts in
    the log, all Q's on the low 80M loop up 30 ft.
    73 es gud DX
    Jon

9. KE4KY

KE4KY Subscriber QRZ Page

There was an issue with FT-8 & DXA meshing the QSOs as they are logged.

We believe we have this issue now resolved.

There are/were no lost FT-8 QSO's that we can determine. We are successfully uploading ALL QSO's. Check for your QSO via our logsearch, be mindful of the last upload time that is clearly visible:

www.vp6d.com/index.php/logsearch-oqrs

10. KD6UY

KD6UY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What is their grid square? It seems to be the most guarded secret on the internet. I can't find it anywhere. HELP!!!!