ad: chuckmartin

VP6D Ducie Is. DXpedition

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KE4KY, Oct 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KE4KY

KE4KY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Some recent updates:

twitter:
    -We will not be on the air until we get the camps and essential antennas installed.

-We will upload last night's log in a couple of hours. We still have tents and antennas to install. The log satellite terminal is not yet on…

The last communication(s) received from the island indicates a tremendous amount of work that will take much of their daylight to complete. Spirits are super high, the trip on the boat was good to them, and they are accomplishing tasks in their proper order.

Back-channel communications is limited for much of today, but that will change after the HQ tent goes up and the BGAN equipment can be unpackaged, set up and become operational. So no emails/internet, only SMS messages at this juncture.

Look for stations to become active later today....

Glenn KE4KY

2. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Woke up this morning to hear them very well on 40 meter CW. Only called a couple of times and now I am in the log for the ATNO! Love that DXA real time log thingy too :)

3. DK7OB

DK7OB Ham Member QRZ Page

Heard them on 40m with good signals, but the pile up was horrible so I gave up. But my time will come!

4. AC6BW

AC6BW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Worked them on 20 and 17 SSB today for DXCC #300. A milestone :)

WZ7U, NZ5F and N2EY like this.
  5. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Viewing the DXsummit.fi spots for CW,... they must be working the Amateur "EXTRA"
    portions of the band's early-on to cut-down on HUGE pile-up's. Hopefully, they'll move up to the Advanced/General portions of the bands after a few days of operations.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  6. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats! That is a great milestone!!!

AC6BW likes this.
  7. AC6BW

Their frequency list is here:
    https://www.vp6d.com/index.php/dxpedition/frequencies
    Some of their operating frequencies are in the Extra portions of the band, such as 7010 40m CW, but others are not. For 20m CW, they TX on 14023, and will probably be listening above 14025. As far as the pileups, I don't think they are going to get much better. There is just too much demand for this entity.

W5BIB likes this.
  8. KE4KY

This has been addressed with the team today. Expect changes as they get into full stride.

9. KE4KY

W5BIB and AC6BW like this.
  10. AC6BW

Thanks. I see that the /MM log is included.