VP6D Ducie Is. DXpedition

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KE4KY, Oct 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"Fair Winds and Following Seas" for the crew & DXpeditioners aboard M/V Braveheart.

[​IMG]

2. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

I have worked a lot of DX peditions over my 60 years as a ham. This one was in the top 2. Great pileup control, super fast and efficient operators, when they put out info they stuck to it....all the things that make for a great op. Hope they all get back safely.

N4FZ and AE1P like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Curious who was the other "in the top 2"?

You certainly have a ton of experience - I do hope one day you'll get P5 :)

Dave
    W7UUU

N7WR likes this.
  4. N7WR

N7WR Subscriber QRZ Page

The first Heard Isl DX pedition many years ago really had its act together in terms of ops, great on line logging, etc. Thanks Dave. Not sure I will live long enough for top of Honor Roll. If P 5 came on today it would be a challenge antenna wise due to recent move here....but we are working on it LOL

N4FZ and W7UUU like this.
  5. VK4QO

VK4QO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

listened for the whole time, worked VP6D on 40m ssb, never heard them again on any other band

Ron VK4QO

6. KE4KY

KE4KY Subscriber QRZ Page

N4FZ likes this.
  7. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

Pay attention to the calendar while filling out the OQRS. I initially had November for all my contacts, and had to do it all again.

N4FZ likes this.
  8. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep I BLEW THAT!!! I tried to enter my missing 160m FT8 QSO for OCT 27 in the log but put in November 27!!! Tried to go back and change it but it said ONLY ONE BUSTED CALL/MISSING CALL per Callsign!!! So hopefully they will catch that and know it is not NOVember but OCTOBER!! RATS!!!!!

9. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Although of dubious character, Don Miller was the best at managing a pileup and maintaining an extraordinary rate. Most of the contemporary expeditions are multi-person activities while he often managed it alone of with one other op and achieved comparable qso totals/day. For good reason(s), many of his trips weren't accredited but that doesn't diminish his ability in that regard. I doubt any of the ops on Ducie or elsewhere these days could compete.

N4FZ likes this.
  10. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Anybody else get this error when using the OQRS? I got a confirmation receipt from both Paypal and the OQRS folks.

vp6doqrshacker.jpg

N4FZ likes this.