VP6D Ducie Is. DXpedition

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KE4KY, Oct 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Awesome Roger - yes, give it a go! Some of the best CW ops ever.

I only have them on CW - might try SSB this week before they shut down

Dave
    W7UUU

N2EY likes this.
  2. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They're BLASTING into SW ALA. now @ 29/1615zn on 21023 ! E.Z. Pickins' :D

3. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been trying the other bands but I am getting a lot of QRM on 40 and 30 from my location - I still have a couple of days - I want to try to get more modes / bands

Logsearch___OQRS.png

W7UUU likes this.
  4. KE4KY

KE4KY Subscriber QRZ Page

Info regarding the end of VP6D operations:

6m EME and 160m antennas will be removed from service shortly after sun-up Wednesday, October 31st, 1100z. 160m operations cease after the morning of October 31st.

Following sunrise on the morning of Thursday November 1st, 1100z, the CW stations and the CW camp will be dismantled. We will try to keep some stations on the air till the last minute, but expect radio operations to cease sometime around midday.

During the daylight hours of November 1st the team will move all the equipment from the island to the Braveheart in preparation for sailing the next day.

The team expects to leave Ducie on Friday morning, November 2nd, following their sunrise.

(This was the last communication received around 1800z today.)

W7UUU likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

One of the most stellar DXpeditions of all time IMO. I'm impressed beyond words at how well this operation was run.

I fully plan to hit the "donate" button at their site later today when I'm back home.

Dave
    W7UUU

W5BIB, K7VZ and KQ0J like this.
  6. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

"One of the most stellar DXpeditions of all time IMO. I'm impressed beyond words at how well this operation was run.
    I fully plan to hit the "donate" button at their site later today when I'm back home."

Fully agree with that ! Great job. The strangest thing is that I have not heard all the intentional jamming and interference for this run like so many
    other DXpeditions in recent years. The pileups have been orderly, rarely the need for a DX cop , few people forgetting about split. Its been a
    real pleasure.

W5BIB likes this.
  7. K7VZ

K7VZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I echo the comments on the top notch job this team is doing. I heard them on 40m SSB this morning and threw out my call. He responded, "Zulu station?", so I called again. For a split second, I thought I missed him when he responded "November station, stand by. K7VZ 59." He then proceeded to work the November ? Zulu station without missing a beat. Great job Ducie team.

W5BIB likes this.
  8. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just worked them on "Dead" 10m CW ... their setup must be incredible.

W7UUU likes this.
  9. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I am going to miss chasing them, but these guys must be absolutely EXHAUSTED!!! They will be so glad to be headed home!!!
    Just WONDERFUL in EVERY WAY!!!!
    Can't thank them enough!!!

WZ7U likes this.
  10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too.

but,................

10 meter ft8 never sent me an RR73 tho.

I was working Hound mode , TXing @1700. they were # 306.
    for whatever reason, they then shifted to my "simplex" offset (1700) and gave me a +21 db report:rolleyes:.

watched all other operators ft 8 contacts and the same reports and no rr73 was given.

The log will tell......