VK9MA comments

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K4LRX, Nov 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Youtube video time. ;)

I called a gent at his house about 4 years ago, said you are on simplex and the station is working Up 5 and a hundred people have told you this.

He looked and said Oh My God; he had the split backwards.!!!! :(

I have set up the split myself before, and gone to another frequency and been calling on the old split TX. :(

DOH. I am not perfect haha.

2. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N0UN used to publish the lidlist. Pretty funny the stuff you could read there, too bad he quit.

3. K5WY

K5WY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We've all done stupid stuff chasing DX, no one is perfect.

K2HAT likes this.
  4. K0MB

K0MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I liked when the DX station sent "wked b4", and the guys code reader couldn't explain the msg!

KB2FCV likes this.
  5. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

6. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

K2HAT VK9MA 2017-11-13 10:58:00 40M SSB
    MELLISH REEF [​IMG] 40M; Challenge

upload_2017-12-13_21-51-22.png

7. K4TK

K4TK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

old thread....I know.

But another favorite...is when the DX is transmitting (SSB) in the CW portion of the band on 40 meters....listening split way up higher in the SSB portion of the band. Invariably, someone ....VERY likely accidentally.... responds but sends his/her call not only on the DX freq, but ....in this case....out of band...sending SSB in the CW band. But....and here's the part I love....then 2 or 3 people start yelling "out of band, out of band.....W#XYZ you're out of band OM". Well, what about all the "police" yelling out of band. Ever occur to them of course, they too are out of band....and transmitting on top of the DX and illegally also? So they're EVERY BIT as bad as the poor soul who probably did it accidentally, but now...they just did it deliberately. Nah...................................that apparently doesn't occur to them o_O

8. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe that's why they don't give their call!

K1TGX likes this.
  9. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

Just think, they could be working some other DX and not wasting their effort to be self appointed band cops!

10. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

It is childish indeed, oh add to this the idiot who constantly sends 599 over and over on the dx stations frequency. Most of the time I just narrow my filter adjustment on CW and this eliminates a lot of the QRM but does not get everything. Maybe, I can sell these guys my QRM filter.. It is simple to make, take a plastic gallon milk jug, put two female coax connectors on each end, hook transmitter to one end and antenna to another. It will indeed eliminate any QRM source if the station causing the problem will just hook it up to his gear. Big plus this filter uses air as its dielectric.