ad: Amateur-1

VK9MA comments

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K4LRX, Nov 6, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. K4LRX

K4LRX Subscriber QRZ Page

This is one of the best operations I have heard in a long time from VK9, seems like in the past little operating and hit and miss contacts, this is not the case with this crew.

Only complaint I have are those who do not listen, each contact of VK9MA has ended with the call letters and Up when on phone, or cw. yet we have those that I question.. What part of up do you not understand?

Figure that out before you call, instead of causing unneeded interference.

I also question why all the tuner uppers have to do it on the dx stations transmitting frequency? What is your problem, ever heard of a dummy load? In this case the dummy is on the wrong side of the load.

2. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't you know? Tuning up directly on the DX means your antenna is optimized to the DX. The heck with other people.. the only thing that matters is getting that QSO in the log. :D

Yup, I hear ya.. use a dummy load or find a clear spot. With regards to people not comprehending 'up'... we all occasionally forget to hit the split button.. Usually most people 'get it' and stop transmitting or fix their vfo but some despite being called directly out just continue to call and call on top of the dx frequency completely oblivious to the cops telling them up. Ugh. :mad:

3. K4LRX

Yes, listening to 9U4M on 14,025 same stuff, up people up!

4. WE6C

WE6C Ham Member QRZ Page

What I can't figure out is when the DX is calling for "___9AAA" why a ___7BBB is still calling?

K0MB likes this.
  5. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

Remove the smiley... what you just said is the sad truth. :(

6. W0XX

W0XX Ham Member QRZ Page

Kinda like buck fever. Some folks jump too fast. Haven't listened to them too much but may listen the next few days. They sound so far like a really good group working it.

7. K4LRX

I had to chuckle the other day 3C1L was on SSB and working by the numbers, the op wason fives, of course split. A VE3 called on 3C1L's frequency, you did not listen did you?

In another tickle to the old funny bone same scenario 3C1L he was calling for nines, Ok, one W9 called and not split, 3C1L asked twice for the station with completely different call letters and worked who he wanted. In the mean time the W9 called and apparently some band cop told him he was 59, This station thought he worked 3C1L, big surprise when you find out you are not in the log... Listen, listen...

AD7DB and K2HAT like this.
  8. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

That's because Rob N7QT heads the team, and is no newcomer to DXpeditions. I look forward to seeing him when he gets back, and provides a presentation to our club (Western Washington DX Club). :)
    Bryan WA7PRC

9. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't say this lightly, but a well timed 59 may be the best way to deal with these situations, instead of yelling UP UP etc. The guy will eventually learn, once he gets 'not in log' after 'not in log', if he does not...well, life is tough.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    AD7DB and KJ4VTH like this.
  10. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive not heard VK9MA well enough yet to work him but finally snagged 3c1L. I dont know what it is about these recent operations but they've put poor ham behavior on display. Yes, it's the tuners (why tune on the freq. he's trasnsmitting on - wouldnt you want to tune for the freq. you're transmitting on?), yes it's the ones who forget split. . . but the worse of the worse is the "band cops" or "up-police" - these guys cause more QRM than anyone else. . . you dont need to send UP three times. If someone tunes up on freq, you dont need to send A-S-S or F-U -- again, that caused more QRM than the first offender. I picture these poor lonely souls sitting in their dirty shack surrounded by dirty paper plates and Coke cans waiting... just WAITING ... for their moment to send UP UP UP... sad people.