ad: Halibut-1

VK6WIA - NewsWest, 12 March 2017

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK6FLAB, Mar 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VK6FLAB

VK6FLAB Ham Member QRZ Page

lemming.png

Welcome to Lemming News, brought to you by the team at WA Amateur Radio News.

We really hope you enjoyed our election special last week - and thanks again to those whos contributions and collaboration allowed us to put it to air for you.

As the West Australian State Government election winds down, the Wireless Institute of Australian Election continues. Have you voted yet? If for some reason you didn't receive your voting paper - be sure to contact the WIA as possible.

So, onto this broadcast. We have an interesting variety for you this week:
    • Some WIA Awards Information for you from Andrew VK6AS
    • Highlights for the upcoming VK5 WIA AGM in Hahndorf
    • HAARP antenna experiment update from Alaska... YES... Alaska, but there's something in it for us
    • Glynn discusses logging for the upcoming John Moyle Memorial Field Day
    • there's our normal meetings section for VK6 and a few other reminders
    • we have a bunch of other news from around the ‘net
    • and... Roy's Help Line is back, gazzumpted by our election special last week!
    We start with Onno, basking in the sound of his own voice... hi... hi...

You can listen to this edition on-air, on-line or on-demand and is available for download every week from the http://vk6.net/news/ website where you'll find broadcast schedules for many repeaters across the country in VK2, VK3, VK4, VK6, VK7 and VK8. You can also subscribe to the podcast which you'll find on iTunes if you search for our callsign, VK6WIA.

Producer: Glynn, Chief Lemming, VK6PAW

2. VK6APZ/SK2022

VK6APZ/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

We get the message

Attached Files:

VK6NSB likes this.
  3. VK6NO

VK6NO Ham Member QRZ Page

VK6NSB likes this.
  4. VK6NO

Sorry spelt LEMMING wrong but that's how angry I already am.

VK6NSB likes this.
  5. VK6NO

I find it hard to believe that our fellow hams in VK5 have sent us an invitation to Hahndorf and have clearly expressed they want West Australian Lemmings and their partners to come.

This wording and news from the Chief Lemming and broadcast team has to be explained. Are you saying you are a Lemming for following blindly along with a few who believe they are in control of all amateur radio operators or

ARE WE THE LEMMINGS FOR LISTENING TO THE VOICES OF A FEW ON SOCIAL MEDIA, PODCASTS AND NEWSWEST. PLEASE EXPLAIN

6. VK6ATS

VK6ATS Ham Member QRZ Page

The author of this segment would do better if he used his braces to hold his lower jaw closed, as he gets intoxicated by his own verbal
    verbosity

VK6NSB, VK6APZ/SK2022 and VK6NO like this.
  7. VK6NO

I am tired of being one of the few keyboard warriors. Lemming in the Urban dictionary describes us as small rodents, fools, cretins, a derogatory term used to reference a person who seemingly does not possess any form of individual thought, and instead, mindlessly follows the behaviours and actions of the masses.

Please fellow hams and all others let these people know what you think.

You are not LEMMINGS, your wife, partner and children are not either so let the team writing this rubbish know. Unless we speak up they will continue to guide us like sheep or sacrificial lambs to a point of no return.

You can disagree with what I write on here but it is my prerogative to be allowed to have my say. It's easy to answer these podcasts if you think an answer is required, just log into your QRZ then go to the page and write your message in and tick the box marked post your reply.

My view is we are being manipulated by a few who seem to have totally different views on OUR hobby and in this posting VK6WIA should have already posted an open apology.
    Cheers VK6NO

VK6NSB and VK6APZ/SK2022 like this.
  8. VK6NO

Why did you lock episode 92 Onno? I left comments in there and an ZL station asked why my link didn't work and YOU provided a link to NEWSWEST but not to your podcast here as I was about to reply.

It's all FRAUD Onno you have the power to alter podcasts as you feel fit. Other hams will confirm I wrote comments in there.

To all decent Hams I have now retired from this rubbish as NEWS can be altered to suit the podcast and we are not allowed to spread the truth in life no more.

9. VK6NO

upload_2017-3-14_11-34-28.png
    WHY DID YOU DELETE AND HIDE THINGS ONNO PLEASE TELL US WE ALL NEED TO KNOW

10. VK6APZ/SK2022

He did this because he is a liar and trouble maker, i have 12 people sitting on the fence to gutless to put pen to paper .
    No one likes to hear the truth any more today, very sad this world we live today.

11. VK6NO

WAITING

Attached Files:

12. VK6APZ/SK2022

You be waiting a long time old fellow, i know a ham that fronted him face to face and asked what was going on, he just walked away.

13. VK6FLAB

VK6FLAB Ham Member QRZ Page

The NewsWest team is extending an invitation to you to record a soapbox segment in which you are welcome to make your contribution to the discussion on a topic of interest to Radio Amateurs in Western Australia.

There are no restrictions - other than those associated with content suitable for on-air use on Amateur Radio frequencies.

From a technical perspective:
    • 3 minutes.
    • 44 kHz sample rate.
    • 256 kbit mono audio
    • MP3
    We use and recommend audacity to record and edit audio.

If you are having trouble recording your audio, please don't hesitate to get in touch so we can help you figure something out.

Please email your contribution or any questions to: newswest@vk6.net