Video: How to setup Two Factor Authentication w/o Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, Jun 9, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder Administrator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, you can disable/enable while you remain logged in. That is the way to do it.
    73 -fred

2. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

I hate to sound rude, but I hate getting a new code every 30 days, can this time frame be extended like say 180 days

3. K8XG

K8XG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My opinion as a Certified Information System Security Professional, 180 days is way too long. 0-30 days is the best for security and some use 60 days as the max allowed but even that has had bad user cases I have seen.

I am used to getting codes each and every time I access Paypal, banks, portals, etc. As those codes only last for the current web session I have to put in a code each time I access them; they do not remember.

Lasting 30 days for QRZ I don't even notice any undue efforts or discomfort to login. And Selling on QRZ is a buy/sell finance transaction deserving of protection.

AJ4GQ, W7ASH and KK5XX like this.
  4. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

Not everyone comes here to buy and sell, theres more to the online forum

K3XR likes this.
  5. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

My understanding is that your issue is with the 'get a new code every 30 days' requirement of 2FA. Doing that should take less than 15 seconds once a month. If that still seems like too much of a burden, please consider the benefits of using 2FA. It not only protects the integrity of your QRZ account but also protects the entire QRZ community from the undesirable effects of a scammer appropriating your account. We would all appreciate it if you would take those 15 seconds every 30 days to help make QRZ a safer place. Thanks.

K8XG likes this.
  6. WB2QLL

WB2QLL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm confused over 2FA. I successfully set it up with Winauth on my main computer, running Windows 10. However I haven't figured out how to get it to work on my ham shack computer running Windows 7, since the video on setup assumes a first time setup. If I install Winauth on the shack computer, both it and qrz.com are looking for a code. What to do? I have not been able to find an answer here. Thanks.

7. BH3MDE

BH3MDE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you very much for QRZ service team, I have passed the verification review, and there will be more excellent Ham radio products exhibitions from China in the future.

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

You can sell as an INDIVIDUAL - used stuff you want to get rid of - but you CANNOT sell as a business or distributor. The rules are very clear. If you post links to business listings, they will just be removed.

To do that you're going to need to discuss purchasing advertising.

Good luck in the Swapmeet!!

Dave
    W7UUU

W7ASH likes this.
  9. BH3MDE

BH3MDE Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, I understand, follow the rules of the QRZ website, thank you for your reminder.

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thank you! :)

Dave
    W7UUU