Vermont Allstar Network

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by AA1PR, Oct 26, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

Vermont Allstar Network is a collaboration of ideas, thoughts and concerns between Steve KC1EGU & Mike AA1PR about Allstar activity in Vermont.

These discussions included ideas on how to improve our coverage areas, what equipment to use, lack of useful allstar information available on the web as a premise.

Our basic idea is to create a linked Allstar connection where amateurs in Vermont can communicate from let us say Middlebury to Manchester Center with a seamless transition.

The Vermont Allstar Hub is WW1VT (node 42353) is on 446.100mhz w/173.8pl is our main connection point where stations can have one common access point. Stations can join & leave from this hub via RF, allstar or echolink

As one moves along by RF you can maintain connection to either KC1EGU node# 42445 or AA1PR node#42282 up and down the Route7 corridor here in VT.

KC1EGU (node 42445) is on 146.400mhz with a 100hz pl tone in Mount Tabor
    AA1PR (node 42282) is 146.475mhz with a 123hz pl tone in Brandon VT
    WW1VT (node 42353) is on 446.100mhz w/173.8pl in Brandon VT

Please give a 2 second pause when transmitting (before speaking) to allow all connected nodes time to activate and a 4 second pause after transmitting to reset. There is a 2 minute time out timer on the system.

Anyone with a node looking to join the system please inquire with AA1PR or KC1EGU as we'd love to have you onboard

I'd like to cordially invite you to our free online forum: vermontallstar.boards.net

2. N4JDL

N4JDL Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N4JDL

N4JDL Ham Member QRZ Page

i see these node numbers are all allstar...are there numbers for echolink too?? nice chatting with you guys...for give me if i dont always hear you or ask you to repeat things my hearing is not all that good....i will try to link up and listen when i can...my 2 meter freq i am on here in clayton NC is 145,75 pl at 100 some times i run 432.15 with the same pl tone...john Ka1wvm@yahoo.com

4. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

Sir,
    it was great to talk with you the other day
    if you visit our vermontallstar,boards.net forum you will find the echolink #'s there as I dont remember all of them
    we look forward to chatting again