Verified?

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by W4FBI, May 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KX4IK

KX4IK Ham Member QRZ Page

Just to reiterate what W4FBI reported, I was not able to complete the 2FA or verification sequences while using Firefox. I switched to Chrome and everything worked as expected. Once you've uploaded your ID it then takes a couple days for the QRZ crew to complete the process.

2. K7MH

K7MH Ham Member QRZ Page

I couldn't get verified in Firefox either. I used the LOTW cert process and in chrome it went swimmingly and was instant.
    I am SOMEBODY now!!
    ...No...Wait...I am still me...:oops:

KN7S likes this.
  3. N8VIL

N8VIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

DELEATED. I answered my own question. Running slow today.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  4. KA9MOT

KA9MOT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not working very well for me either.....and QRZ knows me very well. What a pain in the ass.

5. KA9MOT

So, I decided to try Firefox instead of Chrome.... same computer but the two step whatchamacallit isn't activated on Firefox.....Why? Shouldn't the device NOT the browser be activated? It's frustrating.

So, how badly did all this mess up my LoTW account?

How do I delete this Two Step crap? <---- I figured it out. I'm leaving the comment in case somebody looks and says, "OH, you haven't activated the Two Step crap"

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  6. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah ... I had trouble getting verified. Mostly because I did not have reliable cell phone coverage and you need cell phone for the per-requisite 2FA. My solution was for my son to install a cell phone booster for me, i.e., yagi on a mast up about 25 feet. That improved my signal from -120 dB to -90 dB, from intermittent-weak-almost-never to good-enough-all-the-time. Then had no real trouble using Firefox V-55 to complete the process ( it took three tries to figure out how to get Firefox to access my certificate since the "instructions" skipped a step or two ).

7. KA9MOT

Everybody had trouble getting Verified. All 3 pages of folks who posted here.
    My connection speed is no problem (See picture).
    I noted the missing steps as well.

My complaint is that the process is flawed, and is not worth the frustration it creates so so gullible people can feel safer in their internet dealings. They should do their due diligence and I shouldn't have to prove who I am. They'll buy fake magic beans...is that my fault? No, why do I have to take steps to prove my beans really are magic?

I've been a very active member since at least 2003 and I am well known. I camp here. I buy and sell here. I've stopped expressing my opinion here because I have probably been temporarily banned more than anybody else, because they do not like the expression of opinions or criticism here.....or didn't anyway. <--Probably get banned for that.

Screenshot 2018-05-16 10.57.37.png

KA2FIR and N3AB like this.
  8. W4KJG

W4KJG Subscriber QRZ Page

I thought I did everything right a few days ago so I could be VERIFIED on QRZ.

Several days ago, while following the QRZ instructions, I installed "Google Authenticator" on my Android tablet. All seemed to go well.

I can run Authenticator, but nothing shows that I'm VERIFIED.

If I open Authenticator it shows six digits -- three digits, a space, and three more digits. ( NNN NNN). My call sign is shown below the six digit display.

What am I doing wrong? Has my paid QRZ member renewal expired? Has the FCC declared me a SK?

Thanks,
    Ken
    W4KJG

9. KA9MOT

This whole thing is hosed. QRZ don't care!

10. KA9MOT

So, I'll try again... I'm too an angry about this....

And it worked perfectly. Popped up an extra box that didn't pop up last night.... I'm still angry about it. At least the frustration is gone........

Now I must eat crow for all of the whining I did in this and other threads.....

Last edited: May 17, 2018