ad: w5yi

Verified Member Status Requirements

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'M deleting them. You certainly have a right to express opinions but the rules specifically prohibit questioning moderation & QRZ policies.

It's not likely however that you'd be able to keep "doing that all night" - I'd appreciate if you not test that theory :)

Just voice your opinion fairly and squarely - even if it's negative, without trashing QRZ policies or moderation. That's all we're asking

Your opinion matters - just keep it within the rules. Capiche?

Dave
    W7UUU

NG9F, K8BJC, N3AB and 1 other person like this.
  2. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

seems rather biased , so now no one can oppose the rules or policies here, when did this start
    I never trashed anyone or anything, I expressed how I felt
    if we cant discuss problems with the system than how will issues ever be corrected I must ask
    if the mods are so shallow that they cant face questions than maybe they are in the wrong position(s)
    I see too many mods with their badges but dont know the first thing about forum moderation
    this site is becoming so restrictive its sickening
    this site is killing itself and you cant see pass the nose on your face what you are doing is wrong with such actions
    I think its great you are protecting hams for scammers IMHO
    however as I have said the others issues you mention are not

KC2YMO, NY7Q, KB9KQU and 3 others like this.
  3. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't understand the one reference to a govt photo ID. Where did that come from? This requires no such thing and I just set it up while reading this thread. Easy-peasy. It IS a bit annoying the number of sites that require it now, but it's also understandable.

My phone lives on my belt. I never have to run anywhere to get it. If I'm awake and dressed I have it. And if I'm NOT dressed yet it means I'm still in the bedroom and I also have it, because it also serves as my alarm clock and, often, is also streaming sleeping sounds like a thunderstorm or rain while I sleep anyway. :D

NG9F, N0CEL, KB9KQU and 4 others like this.
  4. VE6LK

VE6LK Ham Member QRZ Page

Dear Mods, Fred,

Thank you. I 2FA all the time for all of my social media sites and have been 2FA here for some time. It is not a pain in the backside as some are suggesting, it is (sadly) a good defence, akin to having a lock on your front door.

Please add a link in the topmost post pointing people to the spot to sign up for the program.

5. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah, now I see - the 2FA alone isn't all that's required. I don't have LoTW on this PC having changed PCs and not bothered with it - it's a grossly overcomplicated mess to set up the first time.

But I'm find sending the other info anyway. I can wait.

6. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's all in the rules - just don't debate moderation rules - it's simple. Feel free to express your opinion just be mindful of the forum rules.

See red highlight below. It's all in the rules.

Dave
    W7UUU

3. Unacceptable Behavior
    The following behaviors are considered harassment and are unacceptable within our community:

• Violence, threats of violence or violent language directed against another person.
    • Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
    • Posting or displaying sexually explicit or violent material.
    • Posting or threatening to post other people’s personally identifying information ("doxing").
    • Personal insults, particularly those related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.
    • Inappropriate photography or recording.
    • Unwelcome sexual attention. This includes, sexualized comments or jokes.
    • Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following (online or in person).
    • Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
    • Advocating illegal behavior of any kind (per U.S. laws).
    • Use of copyrighted materials without permission.
    • Deliberately misrepresenting one's identity, or impersonating another user.
    • Attempting to bypass or circumvent any security mechanism on the site.
    • Intentionally making false entries into the QRZ Logbook.
    • Attempting to add pirate, invalid, or false call signs into the database.
    • Attempting to use artificial means to inflate a page lookup count.
    • Reporting official messages from QRZ as spam.
    • Use of QRZ data for mass marketing purposes, e.g. addresses for SPAM
    • Sustained disruption of community activity, including thread poisoning and/or trolling.
    • Reposting of private messages (PM's), or emails without the consent of both parties.
    • Public discussion or debate of site moderation, the moderators themselves, or their actions. Such discussions must occur in private using email or PM.

N0CEL likes this.
  7. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

my first post you deleted was about the fact that I have tried many times to get verified and it never seems to work & then my comment that eventually we might have to pay to enter the site

Im sorry but I really never attacked you or any mod as you have highlighted in red

but all these threats I receive and still no help or reply to my first post you deleted

you have an issue with site verification

W1KU and W7RY like this.
  8. W7UUU

Don't over think it. This is for the SWAP MEET to help prevent the fraud that's been happening - culminating in the Nigerian hacks over the weekend.

Give it some time - QRZ is just trying to protect members from fraud with this. That's the long and short of it.

Feel free to PM or email if you like....

Dave
    W7UUU

K8BJC and N1VAU like this.
  9. WB4QWA

WB4QWA Ham Member QRZ Page

Could we have an exception for those who choose to sell only face-to-face locally?

10. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to FaceBook

K5GAD, KC2YMO, WB0FTY and 8 others like this.