Verified Member Status Requirements

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by AA7BQ, May 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If buyers are stupid enough, and scammers are clever enough, scams will always happen.

But measures can be taken to minimize such risks. 2FA is such a measure. Doing nothing is not an answer, IMO.

The Nigerian scammer over the weekend would have never stood a chance, doing it the way he did it, if the "seller's" account was using 2FA. Could not have happened.

Thankfully, the "seller's" account was locked and the ad deleted before anyone got taken.

Dave
    W7UUU

K1OIK and N0TZU like this.
  2. KX4IK

KX4IK Ham Member QRZ Page

This move is overdue imo, I'm all for it.

NG9F, N0CEL, N5AVF and 5 others like this.
  3. AH7I

AH7I Ham Member QRZ Page

You can delete posts!

4. K0ON

K0ON XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I used 2FA for a while and found it to be a giant pita and shut it off. Never failed that every time I sat down to log in I had to run upstairs and grab my phone to get the code. Maybe it was just the way I had it set up, email code vs a text or something, but it was mildly irritating. I know, real world problems right, heaven forbid someone actually walk upstairs to get a code just to log into the zed.

KP4SX likes this.
  5. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Only have to do that (enter a new code) once every 30 days. Worth it for peace of mind, IMHO.

NG9F, KK4YPQ, KC5LL and 2 others like this.
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It seems to me that most of the scammers reported here are hitting people via the back door who post Wanted or I'll Take It comments.

7. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

I know... Just extrapolating on your thoughts.

8. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is good news!
    Thanks guys

NG9F, N0CEL and W7UUU like this.
  9. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

tried to post my opinions/comments twice and deleted both times, must be someone here is too sensitive

I would like to know who is deleting my comments

Ill keep doing this all night

N3FAA and W7RY like this.
  10. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I’m all for this additional safeguard, thanks. The efforts of Fred, staff and the mods have already made great strides in reducing fraudulent activity and this will reduce it even more. The scammers will go where the pickings are easier.

NG9F and W7UUU like this.