Velveeta commercial features amateur radio

Discussion in 'Discussions, Opinions & Editorials' started by WW3S, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-Geochron
ad: l-gcopper
ad: l-rl
ad: l-innov
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-Waters
  1. WW3S

WW3S Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone else see the new tv commercial for Velveeta, features ham radio, and "the guy in the basement talking to Mongolia"....
  2. N9WX

N9WX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi...yeah, just saw it, but it shows a CB radio, not ham...what could have been cool, has been ruined.

Dan N9WX
  3. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why ruined? Will the average viewer know the difference? We STILL get 'press' and that's worth a lot!

BTW, this is at least the third thread on this commercial...
  4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Subscriber QRZ Page

I prefer squeeze cheese on Ritz crackers.
  5. KO6WB

KO6WB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Quite true the average person has no clue what amateur radio is. Often they see an amateur putting up an antenna and they will ask if you're one them thar CBer's. They know what CB is at least there's a lot more about that service then ours.
    If the general public gets the idea they can use CB to talk to Mongolia they may just do that. I doubt the CB crowded is even going to mention amateur radio to them but will, instead, direct them on how to buy a linear, put up a six element beam, proper use of an echo mic, roger beep functions and how to open up their radio for them extrie channels.
    If this makes folks curious then they may just find out about amateur radio mostly by accident.
    BTW there are other posts on this comercial? Must have missed em.
    Have fun
  6. KJ4I

KJ4I Ham Member QRZ Page

Well I don't think it would have been too difficult for them to do a little research and get it right. I bet they probably have a few hams working with the company somewhere. It's just a cheesy commercial all the way around.
  7. KB3LIX

KB3LIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't watch commercials, so I probably will never see it.

That is why remote controls have the ability to change channels, NO BS Commercials.

Hi Jamie.
  8. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Been over in the Rag Chew forum.!
  9. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry. No.

So? Is it any gouda?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.