ad: BKQSL-1

ve7igq scam artist

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KE5YNW, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

So, when Magusi Jones, a lawyer in Nigeria that represents the deposed King, contacts you with an offer, and you decide to accept it, you should follow through on it even when you later learn that he could be part of a scam?

I don't understand you people and your warped sense of values. Many people are "taken" every days by liars. YOU are under no obligation to "complete" any transaction that is phony, discovered to be shady, or a ripoff. When you discover the problem, report it (as was done). You notice this person in Canada that was identified by a callsign, has not responded to this thread, even though he obviously reads QRZ enough to pick up on "for sale" items.

This is a good "heads up" for people who might be tempted to do the same thing for this Canadian. After posting the message here, maybe people will think twice about dealing with people they don't know in foreign countries.

NEVER, NEVER send a radio to someone you don't know without first receiving payment. And don't send money to someone you don't know, unless you are very sure they are trustworthy.

Joe

2. NA4BH

NA4BH Ham Member QRZ Page

This ranks up there with:

I am from (insert the latest country you got the email from), please send me your bank account number so I can deposit "X" amount of dollars in your account.

TRUST ME !

3. W8NIC

W8NIC Guest

no. i will never agree to send a radio to a complete stranger without receiving full payment first. but in the event that i give my word to do something, i will do it, ham related or not.

4. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Joe, Canada is not a "Foreign Country" we are your neighbors to the NORTH! :D

I hope Frank, and others start to think that Canadian's are rip off artists. I have dealt with US Ham when buying items and never had any troubles. Same when selling items.

If someone wants to buy something I have listed I ask for an International Money Order, or Paypal.

I do not ship the item until the money order or Paypal payment arrives. I expect to be treated the same way when buying an item. I send my payment first.

Frankly when I read about these so called Amateurs that rip fellow Amateurs off when dealing with them I feel bad for the guy who was ripped off.

For years and years we have dealt with one another, whether it occurred at a Ham Fest, an on air Swap (remember all those good on air swaps we used to have?) or now, by internet.

Being honest was always part of the game. Describe your equipment honestly and go from there.

I recently bought a TS520 and the seller told me "Try it out for a week, if you are not happy or there are any issues I'll refund your money, in full"

Now that is an honest Ham. :)

5. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

When doing a search I cannot find VE7IGG :confused:

6. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

Therein lies the problem. Seems to be a non-entity. But many here would have you ship that radio, anyway, even if you found out right away that the deal is a scam. I mean, a deal is a deal.

And to our Canadian friends, this does not reflect poorly on your fine country, since scam artists live everywhere. But, Canada IS a foreign country to us, and that makes "fixing" a problem even more difficult. It would be hard enough to fix this in the USA, much harder dealing with another government, too.

Joe

7. AI4G

AI4G Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the guy's call is VE7IGQ, nor IGG.

David

8. W6GQ

W6GQ Swap Meet Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

DOH! :eek:

Even so, when I click the search then Advanced Search, he is not registered on QRZ, would concern me in a sale.

9. KF1Z

KF1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually it has...
    There are a few who commented who I wouldn't do a deal with!

10. KF1Z

KF1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Why would not being registered with QRZ concern you??

You wouldn't seel to someone just because he's not a user of QRZ?

That seems odd... but whatever....

As for being a "non-entity"

His callsign and address are listed by QRZ.
    That should provide some relief, that indeed at one time he existed.

VE7IGQ

Randy Gene Taylor

33359 2ND AVE

MISSION, BC V2V 1K4

CANADA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.