ad: QSKLLC-1

ve7igq scam artist

Discussion in 'Ham to Ham References' started by KE5YNW, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KB5PN

KB5PN Ham Member QRZ Page

Been waiting for someone to point that out!!

2. W8NIC

W8NIC Guest

better yet, don't let something like this turn you off. there are thousands and i mean thousands of good hams out there that will do you right. there's got to be some kind of explanation to what happened to your transaction.

ham radio is a great hobby and you will enjoy it for a long time. give it a chance and get your general upgrade. you will not regret it.

if there is anything i can do to help just shoot me an email. my info here on qrz is good. a lot of hams came running to me to help and i would like to return the favor.

larry

3. N7MYW

N7MYW Ham Member QRZ Page

The only way I ever ship without payment is when I have known the person for at least 10 years and trust them. Or if they are within local distance for me to go pummel them if payment is not made :p:p

I agree. Never ship without payment.I have never had a problem with folks on QRZ. Ebay only a few times.

And as for upgrading: I agree with Larry. Go for that license. The hobby is yours and don't let a scammer ruin it for you.

4. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

So you think he should have shipped the rig to Canada, to a person that is using a spoofed telephone number?

Just trying to see your point. Maybe it's that since this guy used to be a CBer that he deserves to be treated poorly as a ham.

Simply trying to figure out what your point is.

Joe

5. W8NIC

W8NIC Guest

the point is, if you say you will do something, do it. frank should have never agreed to ship item without payment then back off. it's all about a mans' word. sure the other party didn't do his part of the agreement, but neither did frank. it's got nothing to do with being a cb'er. just don't slam another ham without knowing the real facts. the other guy may have had a misfortune or something. it's just premature to accuse someone of being a scam without proof.

are you able to figure out the point now?

6. K7JEM

So, you would have been OK with him shipping a radio to a foreign country without getting payment first? I don't think it was ever an agreed to thing, sounds like the dude was just a scam artist. "You ship the radio, I'll ship the money. They'll cross in mid stream." Any one with a brain would not do that. Apparently, dude from Canada didn't bother to send the money AND had his phone disconnected too. This guy tries to contact him to firm up the deal, and can't get through. Apparently, the guy that wanted the radio disappeared into thin air.

When you make a deal with a scam artist, or a con man, you are not required to carry it out. It is in everyone's best interest to find out what kind of person you are dealing with. The first thing I do is google the name or callsign. That usually will tell a story.

Joe

7. W8NIC

W8NIC Guest

''When you make a deal with a scam artist, or a con man, you are not required to carry it out"

==================================
    why would anyone want to deal with a con artist? i don't think frank knew that he was dealing with one in the beggining

in this case, if one agrees to do something, DO IT! where it's going and to whom it's going to is irrelevant.

8. WA5VFA

WA5VFA Guest

NIC, I wouldn't be pounding on this guy so hard. He followed up and found the other guy wasn't on the level. Only an idiot would send something at that point.

As far as giving your word, then backing off when the situation doesn't add up, no dishonor is involved. And its obvious he never got payment, so the other guy was going to screw him. His only fault was being too trusting - items crossing in the mail - and he rethought this and then checked it out more closely.

Don't be so naive - and quit picking on the new guy. He showed common sense here.

Ron WA5VFA (licensed 43 years, still helping new guys, not criticising them)

9. KF1Z

KF1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't see in his post where he said he agreed to send the radio without payment.

If Frank agreed to send the radio and didn't, then, he was just plain wrong....
    (It SEEMS that if he did.... he'd be out a radio....but that's not relevant)

If he did NOT agree to send it before he recieved payment... then he has NOTHING to complain about, and should simply relist the radio, and not complain about it.

The unfortunate thing about threads like this, is that NO ONE, except the parties actually involved with the transaction, know what the "real facts" are!

So, do I place any real value on this "Ham to Ham Reference" ?

Nope.

10. K7JEM

So if VE7IGG contacted you, and wanted your radio, you would send it to him?

This thread has not made any difference in how you view the situation?

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.