ad: Radclub22-1

VE2OL Wins new ICOM ID-51A Plus2

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Oct 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. N5WD

N5WD Ham Member QRZ Page

Fear not for Ray, if he doesn’t want to use the 51-A on DStar as it works perfectly well as an analog FM radio as well,

Congrsts, Ray! It’s a great little radio and I love mine. Be sure an try out the Canada net on DStar, Friday evenings at 10PM Eastern on various repeaters around Quebec, though the net is mostly in English the times I have logged into the net.

73 Wayne N5WD and sometimes N5WD/VE3 in Mississaga

2. N7XCZ

N7XCZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice!!! Have fun with the new radio

3. J85X

J85X Guest

Congratulations Raymond, Have fun !!

4. ON7MIC

ON7MIC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulation. I tried to participate, but question are 90 % oriented US. Not easy to participate when you have European roots/background
    Any way I learned nice stuff by googling

5. WD3N

WD3N Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

You get entered just for trying:)

6. KC9SWV

KC9SWV Ham Member QRZ Page

Very nice! Congratulations. If you don't like the color let me know and I'll trade you straight up for my black ID-51A+.

7. ON7MIC

ON7MIC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

:):)
    But honestly It is sad that those questions are so US centric. QRZ. com is a US Website, Ok but with a so huge an international activity.

Ok I learned a lot, and this is the most important and it's fun. I do no intent to win anything. this is not my goal.
    On top of the fact that 99 % of the question are US centric, you even have the same issue with the answers. A practical example in today's quizz:

Where is located the Nikola Tesla Museum? I visited years ago this museum in Belgrade, I hit Belgrade and the answer is considered to be incorrect because there is a Nikola Tesla museum in New York City.

Then there is a question about the maximum speed for CQ identification, I went into the FCC regulation, it's written " speed must be between 20 and 25 WPM" As the question asked for the maximum I selected 25 WPM, the answer was 20 .

Any it's fun , that's the most important

8. VO1XH

VO1XH Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations Raymond,enjoy your new radio.73
    Don VO1XH

9. N9JA

N9JA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

While the radios are from Icom America, the radio is shipping from GigaParts.

10. N1UFO

N1UFO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats! Enjoy!!

11. KI4HTC

KI4HTC Ham Member QRZ Page

KI4HTC It look like a nice radio it would nice to win one ,I never have won anything in my life but who every win good luck.
    James

12. VE5RH

VE5RH QRZ Lifetime Member #257 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Congratulations, enjoy the Radio,awesome prize-73 VE5RH

13. AK5CT

AK5CT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ray,
    Thanks for explaining that, .... sounds like everyone involved is a winner !
    And to repeat myself, Wonderful Contest .
    Still loving those trivia questions.

See ya at the next Hamfest .. .73

14. KI4HTC

KI4HTC Ham Member QRZ Page

It look like a good radio i would love to win this radio but who ever win good luck.
    KI4HTC
    James

15. DV1YNJ

DV1YNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats, Raymond