Vacuum Tubes Inc. in Orlando......anybody ever deal with this place?

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N3AIF, Feb 25, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N3AIF

N3AIF Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this guy ok to deal with Jim Cross.....I sent some tubes that I wanted to get rid of. Said he would buy them. Now having a hard time getting a hold of him. Got an e-mail saying that the check would be mailed the next day...that was a week ago....should I be worried?

2. WW1SS

WW1SS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well . . . Did you send them before you got the money . . . Yea I'de be worried.

3. KB2SUJ

KB2SUJ Ham Member QRZ Page

IDK, it looks like a pretty legitimate business. But it is a guy in a shop/garage business. Vacation/illness/busy all typical reasons for slow response time. Did you call his number?

4. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In my experience Jim Cross is a very upstanding dealer. I wouldn't worry.

KI4FSZ likes this.
  5. WB5WSV

WB5WSV Ham Member QRZ Page

I have bought tubes from them, and all was fine, but at times he is out of town and hard to get ahold of. Also note that the 18th was a Federal holiday and that slowed the mails.

6. AC0OB

AC0OB Subscriber QRZ Page

What was the agreement and timeline?

A number of years ago I bought some tubes from him and he delivered as promised.

Pheel

7. N1VAU

N1VAU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Give us an update please.
    Did you get paid?

8. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

He was fair with me two years ago, I got two 8877s from him over$1650. He called to make sure the shipment made it ok, too

N1VAU likes this.