ad: Schulman-1

VA3HRO Scam Artist?

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by WV8X, Aug 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

At the time you choose Friends and Family, did you understand that you were defrauding PayPal out of their transaction fee? Did you understand that as a result of that choice you had waived any and all buyer protection by PayPal?

Just because someone is a ham does not mean they are trustworthy (MOST ARE), but a trustworthy ham has never suggested the Friends and Family option to me. It is generally the crooks that do. But even if a Friends and Family business transaction goes well, you are the crook. Because you defrauded PayPal.

PayPal can afford it. I hope you can too.

2. W5JPT

W5JPT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I would not call it "defrauding" as Paypal offers that as an option. Defrauding is an illegal act. Taking advantage of a vendor's option is not. Although, I agree with you that it does deprive Paypal of a small amount of income but that is their choice.

3. WV8X

WV8X Ham Member QRZ Page

VA3HRO has now refunded my money. It is a shame that it had to go this far.

K3RW likes this.
  4. KT1F

KT1F Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not illegal but the seller is clearly violating PayPal's user agreement.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#accepting-payments

5. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It sounds like you are trying to justify using Paypal Friends and family. Are you one that uses Paypal Friends and family to send money to strangers?
    That is not "their choice". It's your choice if you use a service they provide for honest people, to send money to a family or friend, and screw them. They don't have to provide the "friends and family" service but they do and dishonest people use it to cheat Paypal out of a commission.

Anyone that would send me money via Paypal Friends and family for something I am selling to a stranger, I would not deal with. I would wonder how deep their cheating went.

To be honest when I hear someone cry cause they got screwed because the use Paypal Friends and family I laugh and am glad they got screwed.

My opinion, John, WB0MPB

N3AB likes this.
  6. W5JPT

If Paypal was being "Cheated", they wouldn't allow that as an option.

7. VA3VF

VA3VF Guest

I never thought I would defend a big corporation. :D

I've been using PayPal for a very long time. Happy with the service. I had not idea they offered the Friends & Family option commission free. In this case, I think the intent of both PayPal and the end-user is critical.

Seems like PayPal had the intent to offer a service to help, well, family and friends. They can afford it, but they did not have to do it, typical good corporate citizen thing.

The buyer and seller using this feature, may not be committing any crime, but it sure goes against PayPal's intent.

What could be the net result of this behavior, if widespread? PayPal will put an end to it, and those using it for the intended purpose will lose out.

Just because something is not illegal, does not make it ethical or morally acceptable.

N3AB and WB0MPB like this.
  8. W5JPT

I never said it was acceptable. But I do say that Paypal has the power to stop it anytime they wish and nobody is making them offer that service. I also say that based on the success of Paypal, they aren't stupid enough to allow something that could hurt them and I am sure they don't need me or anyone else looking out for them.

9. VA3HRO

VA3HRO Ham Member QRZ Page

I said i would refund for the item that you never received....Canada Post issued a check to my business account last Friday and have refunded Dan Like i said I would...Check out my sales here on QRZ and see that this is not the only thing I sold....

KA9JLM likes this.
  10. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Problem solved and thread closed.

N6QIC, K2HAT and KA9JLM like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.