ad: cq2k-1

USNS Mercy Amateur Radio License Testing (Call Sign K6MRC)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KH6OWL, Mar 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K5VZD

K5VZD Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks... I really enjoyed this !!
    tom

KH6OWL and W1SRR like this.
  2. W1SRR

W1SRR Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Tom any hints when you guys might start transmitting? I would love to get some airtime with a couple of the crew. Any HM's taking the exam?

Mike

KH6OWL likes this.
  3. DL6BCX

DL6BCX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

BRAVO ZULU also from my side. When i heard this code, i remember my early navy days. For non-navies: it means WELL DONE

KH6OWL likes this.
  4. KE0MWN

KE0MWN Ham Member QRZ Page

Bravo Zulu to the crew & VEs! Also, a very well done article. Thanx for posting it.

KH6OWL likes this.
  5. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Splice the mainbrace!

73, John, WØPV

DL6BCX and KH6OWL like this.
  6. N5EKF

N5EKF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My wife, Karen Bye, was a HM2 and served on board the Mercy during the Gulf War when it deployed to the Persian Gulf.

W1SRR and KH6OWL like this.
  7. N4EJF

N4EJF Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

HI GUYS & LADIES:
    GREAT GOING! HOPE TO WORK K6MRC SOME DAY. GREAT WORK YOU GUYS DO. YOU KNOW I DO NOT THINK SOME OF YOU YOUNG GUY'S REALIZE HOW IMPORTANT YOUR MISSION IS; HOWEVER I KNOW SOME OF YOU DO. I WAS IN OUR US ARMY FOR 28 YEARS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD AND SOME TIMES WE WORKED WITH NONE MILITARY AND SOME TIMES EVEN IN COMBAT ZONES WE ALSO TOOK IN NONE MILITARY. I AM A 06 RETIRED NURSE ANESTHETIST. AGE 78. YOU GUYS HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL BEAUTIFUL STATION. LIGHT UP YOUR EQUIPMENT AND MAYBE SOME DAY I WILL RECEIVE K6MRC.
    JOE W DAVIS 06 (ret.)
    N4EJF
    joevada2@gmail.com
    ENJOY LIFE. IT IS THE GREATEST GOD HAVE GIVEN US.

W1SRR likes this.
  8. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

My departed dad was on the Hospital Ship Relief in the Pacific. He would be impressed with this transformation from oil tanker to Level 1 Trauma Center.

W1SRR likes this.
  9. NO20CALLSIG

NO20CALLSIG Guest

as described before it is not a vertical antenna on that ladder , it`s a safety harness ! if that would be an antenna , it wouldn`t work at all , but would be radiating into the superstructure of the ship ! Noone would ever build such an antenna !

KH6OWL likes this.
  10. K6JUN

K6JUN Ham Member QRZ Page

Bravo Zulu to getting your tickets and upgrades! Can't wait to hear you on the air when you get back to San Diego, maybe help participate in the USS Midway (NI6IW) special events (2nd Saturday of the Month).

Joe Chmelik RMC(SW) (Ret.)
    K6JUN

W1SRR and KH6OWL like this.
  11. K1TOM

K1TOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Great to see this. I just got my technician license and am a beginner, but back in the day, I was a medevac pilot with the Army and I have actually landed a UH-60 on the deck of this ship during training exercises. Brings back memories.

KH6OWL and W1SRR like this.