ad: elecraft

USAF wants to improve HF communications

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Aug 11, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2BAG

K2BAG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What Could Go Wrong With This..........

N8DBO likes this.
  2. EA2EKH

EA2EKH Ham Member QRZ Page

You got it wrong, unfortunately. It’s oxhydric acid!!!!!!

3. KB3SEG

KB3SEG Ham Member QRZ Page

Its Global Warming I I I I I I I I I mean climate change.... UM UM UM UM.....

4. W9AT

W9AT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

5. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey... That looks like a younger Gordon West!
    Not bad, PV.

6. WX4CAZ

WX4CAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

MAYBE IT WILL HELP US HAMS ALSO.............

7. VK4SDD

VK4SDD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Was this an early or late April 1 st joke??????????

8. KF6FRR

KF6FRR Ham Member QRZ Page

One of the things that the AF wants to is to interrupt enemy satellites and communications. Well if they can interrupt satellite communications of the enemy they can interrupt normal communications, such as amateur radio.Then they control more of the communications network that the control now. Then there is a problem of building these satellites and the number of them that will be able to do the job. It is already crowded up there, now you want to add 1000+ more objects! Then if we can use them against our enemies, what makes you think that these satellites will not be able to be hacked and used against us. Or used by our own government to control us.

Then again it could turn out to be nothing but blue skies and happy thoughts, and peace about the world. Then again with the increased HF capability, might be able to talk to more people, in more places than ever before on 100watts and a dipole. What will the Amp manufacturers do? Plasma being injected into the atmosphere, brings thoughts of Sky Net, Terminators, and the resistance to take back our world! There is my initial thoughts serious and kidding, or is it!

9. W0AEW

W0AEW Ham Member QRZ Page

Yet another plot to drain our precious bodily fluids.

WS4JM likes this.
  10. K5REO

K5REO Ham Member QRZ Page

What is your level of expertise and direct involvement with HAARP? Are you stating Opinion or Scientific Fact?

N8DBO likes this.
  11. KD5ZD

KD5ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

It is entirely safe....... nothing can go wrong........nothing can go wrong........go wrong.....go wrong.....go wrong.....

12. K5BIZ

K5BIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Goofy idea... results dubious and fleeting at best.

Of course being a ham, I have a cheaper and much better way...

Take a metalized mylar balloon, oh about 60 ft diameter, and inflate it to 2 or 3 pounds and place it say about 200 miles above the Earth. You could bounce HF, VHF, UHF and microwaves from it. Give it a very cool name like project ECHO.

Sound familiar?

Yep, we did the same thing 56 years ago. It worked back then too.

The original design had a weight of 350 lbs. I think I could redesign it to weigh about 110 lbs. We get rid of the electronics and install a mechanical inflator. At that weight, a single Space X Falcon 9 rocket could carry about 450 of them (50,265 lb leo payload/110 lbs). Each launch would create a "cloud cluster" that could last 4 to 6 years in space. 10 to 12 launches would create a "belt" of cloud clusters that would allow continuous HF communications.

Pretty simple actually, even Russia and China could do this now that I posted it. India and North Korea might be able to do it as well.

So let the BalloonSat race begin ....

K5BIZ - Biz http://www.bandconditions.com

KA0HCP likes this.
  13. AC7RH

AC7RH Ham Member QRZ Page

Then all the ham bands will sound like the CB frequencies , oh joy what fun that will be !!!!

14. WB1E

WB1E Ham Member QRZ Page

When your funds are unlimited, this is what you get to dream up.

N8DBO and K5REO like this.
  15. KD2WA

KD2WA Ham Member QRZ Page